VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By VoshiNova

It's fucking terrible.

For such a purely fun game, the sequence in the finale where you are forced to run is ABSOLUTELY BAD.

I can't even imagine a person would think for a second that it's passable as fun/engaging/etc.

Seriously, I've put a good 60 hours into this game based entirely on the gameplay. The story and characters are flat and laughable - but endurable. The world is detailed and fun to explore. And the first person perspective is complimentary in a way that keeps you engaged.

BUT HOLY SHIT THAT FORCED RUN SEQUENCE.

It actually makes me doubt the rest of the experience. It shouldn't, but it does. To clarify - I AM playing on the patched in "Hardcore" difficulty, but I am properly leveled to be survivable etc. It's just broken in the most frustrating way.

Phew....anyway....the player character is voiced well. Pretty sure it's the same voice actor who did Ezio in Assassins Creed.

I like that voice actor, he has a distinct voice and does cursing/frustrated lines in a really believable/human way.

Any other duders play through the whole thing? Have any thoughts on the bullshit that is the finale? Think that Ezio was the best Assassins Creed protagonist?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

It's probably my GOTY so far and, yes, that part was terrible. Not just that... but I didn't understand until after about 10 deaths that I had no choice but to run for it. I was trying to sneak my way through that area. That and the QTE boss fight are the worst parts of the game. Other than that it was extremely fun and I've still been starting it up and doing side mission on occasion.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VoshiNova

@handlas: Word. It's definitely the run away hit so far this year for me. (aside from all the bullshit)

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By doctordonkey

Once they killed off Jade, I pretty much lost hope that they were going anywhere with the story (and they didn't). She was the only character in the game that was even remotely interesting, and instead of doing anything with her, they just said "Eh, fuck it." and killed her off. In fact, it seems like whenever a character gets introduced, they just get cast aside immediately, and nothing ever happens. It's a story where it seems like stuff is happening, or going to happen, but nothing is actually going on. And it all culminates into that last sequence which, I don't really need to say anything about it, you already expressed my feelings in your post.

It's fuckin' fun as shit to play, though.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Once they killed off Jade, I pretty much lost hope that they were going anywhere with the story (and they didn't). She was the only character in the game that was even remotely interesting, and instead of doing anything with her, they just said "Eh, fuck it." and killed her off. In fact, it seems like whenever a character gets introduced, they just get cast aside immediately, and nothing ever happens. It's a story where it seems like stuff is happening, or going to happen, but nothing is actually going on. And it all culminates into that last sequence which, I don't really need to say anything about it, you already expressed my feelings in your post.

It's fuckin' fun as shit to play, though.

I thought the best aspect was you being an undercover agent. I wish that would of been played up more instead of you going rogue and not really having much else to do with them. Most of the relationships with the survivors were much too forced imo. Especially with the kid (that dies of course). You have like two conversations with him and then your character is super broken up about him dying for some reason.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones

Yeah the gameplay was pretty horrible and anticlimactic but I actually really liked the story ending. I kind of enjoy ambiguous endings and this one definitely leaves off not really with a cliffhanger but it keeps you guessing on what's next to come. Anyway, I felt like the game got too easy and repetitive near the end but it was definitely a ton of fun to play and pretty easy on the eyes as well

Also I just gotta say I really REALLY loved the music in the game. It kind of had a mass effects/ dawn of the dead vibe going on which sounds weird but I thought fit exceptionally well

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Moved to the Dying Light forum. When a thread is about a specific game, character, company, or platform, please put it in the appropriate forum. It helps people find topics they are interested in, cuts down on reposts significantly, and saves us a hell of a lot of work. Thanks.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VoshiNova

@mb: Thanks man, my bad. I just made a thread regarding GTA V mod stuff......and.....well..

I'm sorry.

I read this AFTER I made the thread..for the record.

I'm sorry.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. I thought the ending was annoying, but it was satisfactory. The parkour bits, climbing the side of that building, were pretty awful, but I found that running bit pretty fun and crazy.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@sparky_buzzsaw: I'm with you, man. I found that part to be pretty hectic and enjoyable. There were parts of the "climb the building" segment that asked a bit more precision than the game's controls are capable of delivering, but I made it through in a few tries and had a good time.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I.... I really liked most of that running part. The one in the sewers or whatever was awesome! IDK, maybe I'm crazy...

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It may actually be the Hardcore mode bit, that or I just got frustrated to easily and began playing hastily.

Idk, but to anyone who is nearing that running bit with the volatiles and has a similar experience to mine - MAKE A SPEED BOOST POTION.

The speed boost made what was frustrating/borderline game breaking (for me) a quick and painless sprint.

I'm new game +'ing now and loving it - forgot how much I enjoyed the beginning of this game when your not being constantly harassed by spitters/infected.

@sackmanjones: I too love the music - the main score is perfect for the setting/mood