#1 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Apologies if this has been covered before but is there a way to add just a birthday to character pages?

Seems like there a quite a few Japanese characters with explicitly stated birthdays with no way to tell what year it is.

ENLIGHTEN ME, WIKI SAVANTS!

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

No love?

#3 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1647 posts) -

@Ravenlight: I'm supposin' you could always do a general year. Something like Megaman, 20XX. if the game is set in medieval times you could be all "IN THE YEAR 13XX". But I'm no savant, I'm just here to throw my opinions in places they don't belong.

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@EarlessShrimp:

No, I mean like, is it physically possible to omit the year? On character pages, it makes you select a day, month, and year.

I want to know if there's a workaround that lets you not select a year.

#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3570 posts) -

Mario was born in 1981 according to the wiki...

#6 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1647 posts) -

Oh that's right... it's got the fuzzy date thinger... Aren't they changing it slightly with seaserpent? I can't recall specifically from the edits I've done over there but I think that's possible to omit years and such. But, I'm not a doctor.

#7 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

I'm finding it very hard to focus on your question because of your new avatar.

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Years are still required on the Sea Serpent beta. However, incorrect dates can be removed. I just removed Mario's birthday on the beta site.

Since the date is likely stored as a date, you can't remove the year, month, or day of the month. A proper date requires all three.