Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

Note to mods and all

this article is a work in progress, feel free to edit it to make it more comprehensive and appealing to the eye, i'll edit it myself with suggestions made in the comments on this article, when done this should help everyone building this site

When you decide it awarenesses of adding an characters or location there are several things to do before hand
First of all use the search option and search for what you are missing, i might be that it just hasn't been linked to the specific page you deem it missing from.

checking

Then check for alternative spelling of your idea, it happens that misnamed characters and locations are added (mods are not omniscient) if you find it and its misspelled post a topic in the "editing and tools" forum and send a PM to a mod with the link of that topic.
even if you are 100 percent sure that it is misspelled look for an in game screen shot that shows you're right and post it in your article as proof for the mod.
Now that you're sure that what you are about to add doesn't exist already

naming

yep its onett not onette like you pronounce it
yep its onett not onette like you pronounce it
be sure of the spelling, even if you're sure always check with an in game screen shot
Characters are often called by their nicknames in games, an example would be edge in final fantasy IV whose real name is actually Edward Geraldine.
In this case the character should be called Edward Geraldine not Edward "Edge" Geraldine (which it is now) the name "edge" should be added to the aliases of the character.

(note when you put a name between (") the search engine seems not to be able to find it, adding a nickname to the aliases does)

Please note that it happens that names of locations and characters differ between versions of games (US EU release) or are open to free interpretation (regarding translated names from foreign games to English) add these alternative names to the aliases.

describing

In the description be sure to add what universe it's from this facilitates users finding what they are looking for

Adding a "Mugshot"

When adding a picture for you're addition be sure to add one that is the most representative of it (also check out image submission further on)

Also if you want to be sure that you're submission is accepted add in the commentary what precise games it is from so that the mods can easily decide if your submission is valid. If ever your submission is denied and you do not agree with it being denied please feel free to post about it on the "editing and tools"  board.

You're submission has been accepted what to do now?

3 things, add images, text and linking it.

Adding images

when you have some screen shots that go with your newly created character/ location page do not post it in that page it's image section.
Instead of doing so post the image you want to add the game where your submission is from  its image page then link it to your submission it's image section (of course check if the image you're about to add is not already in the game it's image section, if so link that image to your page).
This prevent the same image being uploaded multiple times by multiple people on different parts of the site

Adding text

Linking it

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima

Cool beans.

Djungelurban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Djungelurban

I mean, I think it's a great initiative... Conceptually really great, the site needs it... It's just... Well... Trying to argue the point that spelling is important when it says "caracter" right there in the topic name... Well, it's kinda ironic to say the least... ;)

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Endogene

i'm sorry i'm not english myself
consider this like a scrap version that needs a lot of work, when its done we can always post it with a topic names that has no error is it ^^

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

I have been trying to add a character but mods keep turning down

dzigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By dzigns

Love the idea, should turn out great

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene

please if some one what to add something please copy the part from my post and edit what you want to be edited/ altered/added and ill copy paste your edit into my post

edit, just edited some of the spelling in the guide