Unamed player character?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

In Famicom Tantei Club, the player character (except in BS Tantei Club) is an unamed character who, despite speaking and is pictured occasionally, is never named. What should the character page be titled?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

According to the FAQ page, the character should't have a page.

FAQ Page Said:

The stars of the games you play, characters must be specifically named, and must display unique personality within either the gameplay or the story of the game to merit a page. Variations on a specific character do not merit their own pages. For example, Mega Man, Mega Man X, and MegaMan.exe are all listed under a main Mega Man page.
Not specifically named = no character page according to the rules.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarFoxA

Hmmm... but that also has some incorrect information. Mega Man X and MegaMan.exe do have a page.

The protagonist in these games plays a pivotal role, so in my opinion leaving him out shouldn't be the option here.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
The Mega Man issue was raised on the Delete & Combine requests forum, and the official staff ruling is that that rule stands and these Mega Men should only have one page, although as with many things on the D&C forum, nothing ever actually got deleted.

As for this issue, you'll have to contact a staffer about it to get a decent response regarding this rule. Personally, I feel the same as you, some unnamed characters deserve a page, but for now, the rule stands.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
@MattyFTM: Knowing the Delete & Combine Requests board, I'm not surprised.

I'll drop one of the staff a PM.