120 GB HD Slowdown With Games Installed?

Avatar image for sensuouslettuce
SensuousLettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SensuousLettuce

I've read around the net but can't seem to find a concise answer: does installing more games on your HD hamper 360 performance?

I'm not talking about load times for the games themselves, but the actual menu speeds. For example, when I hit the guide button, it can take 3-10 seconds to populate the menu with any data.

Are there known issues that if you load more than a few games on your HD it slows down how the 360 responds/loads up the menus/themes?  Another example: I try to open a voice message and it can take 5-15 seconds for the message to start playing.

I've cleared the cache and that worked for about 3 days, now it's back to what it was.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

It's the whole "NXE" that slows down the games, rather have the dashboard freeze up instead of my dvd wearing out.

RichieRaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RichieRaw

I only have the 20GB, but I have a ton of Arcade titles on my system, it seems like everything needs to be scanned and accounted for everytime I log on and access the Game Library.....I find it damned  annoying, why can't it scan once and only do a quick check when something's changed :-/

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

No, installing games doesn't decrease overall performance at all.

I think the slowdowns / temporary freezes are due to Live not always responding quickly enough, and the NXE is dumb because it waits for Live to respond before it lets you do ANYTHING sometimes.  They'll probably fix this eventually.  The original 360 dashboard acted like this when 360 was new, but they fixed it there.  Now that they put out NXE, it's back to the old design flaw.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

I believe installing games does not make any problems. Still, Live in general has been extremely slow since the Holidays, and still is. I don't know when it will change honestly. It sucks.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond
RHCPfan24 said:
"I believe installing games does not make any problems. Still, Live in general has been extremely slow since the Holidays, and still is. I don't know when it will change honestly. It sucks.
Live won't get faster, but they could make it so NXE doesn't freeze up when trying to connect to Live and Live doesn't respond.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Hexpane

NXE slowness has nothing to do w/ game installs.  Just remember that Windows 7 will be "faster.. .relatively" for gaming according to microsoft.  I believe they mean, relative to running Crysis on Windows ME