Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I was thinking of getting an iPhone 4 with the 200 mb data plan, to save some money. Does anybody know what 200 mb of data via iPhone usage translates to in email/web surfing/etc... Also, does that 200 mb limit count if your using WiFi, just the 3G network, or both?
brodywb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By brodywb

I don't know the numbers, but I know the data is on AT&T's website. Also, you can use as much Wi-Fi as you want. That is not covered in your plan.

mangomonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mangomonger

i have a 50 mb plan and usually only reach about 30 mbs on that and i only use maps wen i get lost/need directions 

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@brodywb:
Awesome, the WiFi/3G data usage was the main issue for me. I would probably not use the 3G network all that much, aside from email, gps, and some light web browsing (mostly just checking email, facebook, and news). Thanks for the reply.
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@mangomonger:
Is there a way to monitor how much data/minutes you have used up on the phone?
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf
@SathingtonWaltz said:
" @mangomonger: Is there a way to monitor how much data/minutes you have used up on the phone? "
Yes, there are usage stats in the settings of iPhones. Resetting it every month would be an easy way to keep track of how much data has been sent and received. 
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@SpikeSpiegel:
Awesome, thanks. I checked AT&T's website, and they had a data plan calculator. I looked at the statistics for a 200 mb data plan and it's more than enough for what I need, especially considering that most of that data would be done via WiFi. I'm quite excited about this, because I thought I couldn't get an iPhone plan for less than 100 dollars a month. The plan I'm looking at is 60 dollars a month, within my budget. Yay. Does anyone have recommendations for good iPhone games? 
mangomonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mangomonger
@SathingtonWaltz said:

" @mangomonger: Is there a way to monitor how much data/minutes you have used up on the phone? "

yeah u can use an app called "quota"( i think its like 2-4 bucks) it checks data usage, calls and tells u how much data/calls u have left for the month. its a life saver if u dont wanna go over ur cap
confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By confideration

ATT has an app - you can check data usage there for your billing cycle, also the website 

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By HHAP

call *3282# and you will immediately get a free text about your usage.