dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dystonym

Hello there Giant Bomb! 

After buying and completing Dark Void Zero, I'm massively hyped up for other platformers and RPG's. Preferably in the 8-bit style but I don't really mind. I've already bought and completed Bionic Commando: Rearmed (When it came out, not recently) and I loved that too, so things in those styles would be nice. 

I'm also REALLY up for playing a top down RPG, similar to Pokemon or something but on the PC. I really can't be bothered to sit there looking at two tiny screens while I play. Do you know of any top down 2D PC RPG's?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

Cave Story,  platformer that is in the old school mode.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Platformers, or cool things close-ish to platformers: Cave Story, Meat Boy, the upcoming Super Meat Boy, La-Mulana, Spelunky, Aquaria, Knytt (& Stories).

Random stuff: Dungeons of Fayte, Noitu Love 2, Vantage Master, Battle for Wesnoth, Desktop Dungeons, Alien Assault, GENETOS, MGS2 (&1).

In short, too many to list, these are just off the top of my head and things I played or replayed recently enough to remember them.

Google and visit sites like tigsource and Independent Gaming since indie games are often done retro style.

Edited to add links and also, The Spirit Engine (1 & 2), Legend of Princess, Eschalon: Book I (& soon II). Maybe get the prettier and likely far more user friendly version of La-Mulana on WiiWare (when it arrives) instead of download the current PC freebie, and also experience the enhanced port of Cave Story on WiiWare.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dystonym
@Al3xand3r: @Marz: Thank you both very much, I'll give cave story a try and then work my way through those ones you just suggested.