99 problems and a joystick is one of them.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho

So I too have been bitten by the bug to want a joystick. I bought IL2 sturmovik over the steam holidays, now due to Drew and Vinny I am tempted by DC-10, however I am playing Rise of Flight.

I was using keyboard and mouse....terrible idea. How ever I still try and play. I have had 4 joysticks in the last 10 years those 4 being on the first half of the last decade. Followed with one joystick still around untill about 3 months ago....one month before I bought IL2 Sturmovik.

So today I said "I am going to buy a joystick!" my aim was for £10 since well its a joystick I might be an Idiot and its a waste of money. Yeah...that dosnt seem possible. Also I cant physically buy a joystick in any shops near me from £10 to £150 there is none.. I spend 3 hours running around.

Game (who administration aside would still not have it.) game station and everywhere else none.

So duders. I also hut upon the idea. Maby a wired xbox controller or a Wireless receiver would work just as well or better?

What would you suggested? Scroll Ebay for a cheap joystick that will take a week to two weeks to get. A wired controller (£22) and blow my budget yet have something more versatile or go for a wireless receiver cos I have have 10ft of cables around my feet already.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Grumbel

So duders. I also hut upon the idea. Maby a wired xbox controller or a Wireless receiver would work just as well or better?

A Xbox360 controller doesn't give you throttle control, so it won't work in many flight games (can be somewhat worked around with Xpadder), it also has a circular gated  range (i.e. the diagonals are [0.7, 0.7], not [1.0, 1.0]) which will also trouble many flightsim games, precision is also lacking when it comes to small movement, which are needed in some situations. So while it can be made to somewhat work, it's really not ideal for games designed with a joystick in mind.