A Backlog of Games I'm trying to get through. Need help how.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've got tons of games I've got to get through. I got them a while back but haven't been able to finish pretty much ANY of them. I have started most, but now I haven't touch them for WEEKS, with intent to go back and finish them. Here are the games on my backlog:

Metal Gear 1

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid VR Missions

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Saints Row IV

Sly Racoon

Sly Cooper 2

Sly Cooper 3

Just Cause 2

007 Reloaded

007 Bloodstone

Risen 2

Mass Effect 3

LittleBigPlanet 2

COD Ghosts (Main Story)

COD Series (Main Storylines)

Morrowind (PC)

Dishonored

That's 26 games I want to get through. I would like some advice on how I could find time to play, since I just haven't been able to find time to. I'm mostly playing Ground Zeroes and MGS4 these days. I've been considering beginning the games from the beginning, since I've played bits of pretty much all of these, so I've forgotten what's going on in these individual games. I've also gotta finish AC, ACII, ACIII, ACIV, ACB and ACR in time for the release of Comet and Unity. So some advice would be nice.

Thanks.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Steps to finish your games

1) Stop buying new games like Ground Zeros. And stop buying old games too.
2) Look up a site called howlongtobeat to determine how much time each game will take to finish. It'l have times listed for "just story", "story and extras" and "100% complete" runs. Leave games that will take forever til the end or just give them an hour or two a week. Morrowind can be finished in 15 minutes if you know what you're doing, but you'll miss out on the actual point of playing it. I've three different Morrowind save files all 200 hours long or more.
3) Don't go for 100% completion unless you really really want to. If you intend on beating all the AC games before October/November when Comet and Unity will likely come out, you're looking at about 60+ hours of just storyline stuff alone.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Metal Gear solid 1, I often say play MG2 solid snake, but MGS1 is super quick you probably get through that super fast then you expected. And then play MG2, which might require a FAQ.

I'd say CoD..... but not CoD ghost, they aren't too difficult plus pretty enjoyable for what it's worth even if it's quoting random 80s movies without any real reason expect to sound like a 13 year old. I still think CoD4 was clever in having invisible walls being radiation death.

Dishonored is actually really good, flaws and all. There are some bits that are pretty gamey, but they are handled well and control really excellent. It'd be something you might want to think critical on, because these are the guys behind Thief and went off to make their own Thief like game.

I'd recommend Mark of the Ninja also if you want an AWESOME stealth game.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

You want my advice? Stop buying games and play only the things you enjoy. Maybe use demos/rentals/PS+/reviews more when making purchasing decisions.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By miko1222

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1:

I do enjoy all these games. Got some of them years ago, played them, and then get busy playing other games. Take Sly for example.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Grab alll those Tom Clancy inspired games and throw them away (also add the COD gaes as well) . Summary of all of those: terrorist , americuh saves the day , the end

Now you have time for the good stuff :3

Dishonored: to beat it fast just spend your stuff on attacking abilities and go trhough it as an FPs and you can finish it quickly. But would take away a lot of the fun (I played the game 2 time to get both endings)

The MGS games: Play them on easy , the bosse goes down fast in that difficulty and there are less enemies etc. Oh yeah Vr missions is not woth it .... I could tell you what you get when you complete it if you like. And the Metal Gear games are MSX games so they wont take you more than a few hours to go through them.

The SLy Cooper: Just finish the story missions , dont go for collectibles and you will be done in no time (I 100% each one of them per day , so without collectibles and 100% levels , they will go fast)

The AC games: Do what I , did got rid of 1 and 2 , never bought the other ones and simply saw a lets play of 3.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I really hate to say this, but start with one of the COD games - that should get the ball rolling. Those campaigns are all relatively short and straight-forward.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, Sly,007, and Dishonored. That's a lot of sneaky games there friend. One might call you...

Wait for it...

Sneak King.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stop buying new games.

Start with COD. Skip World at War - the campaign is mostly frustrating. Honestly, skip Ghosts, because the campaign is nothing special. Play the Modern Warfare games and both Black Ops, especially Black Ops II.

Skip the first Assassin's Creed, it's fucking boring. Take the plunge into II, go with Brotherhood, maybe play Revelations, plummet through III, dive deep into Black Flag again.

Put the 007 games at the very end, they are bad.

Generally - mix games, apart from the COD ones. Assassin's Creed is fantastic (apart from the entirety I and most of III), but the worst thing you can do is play them back-to-back, because the gameplay doesn't change that much and they are all titles you have to put at least 20 hours into.

Start playing Risen 2, Just Cause 2 and Morrowind. They are easy to pick up after you leave them for a while and if you get tired of a different game, they will be a great timesink.

Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who only played all 4 Sly games in the past year, you can safely skip all by Sly 3. It best encapsulates what makes the Sly games fun and offers up the most variety.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@aetheldod: What do you get if you beat the VR missions...

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Christoffer

Ouch, that's not only a lot of games but a lot of hours in some of those games. I haven't play all of them but I think I would start with Mass Effect. Maybe it's because I hunger for an rpg myself.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start by COD. The campaign could be completed rather fast...

What are your plans for LBP2? If you intent to see everything and dwelve into the level editor, you might as well give up. If you want to complete the story mode, you can move it up the queue, since its pretty short and doable.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You don't need to play an entire series just to enjoy a new game. You don't need to play every AC game before Unity and Comet. People are generally down on AC, Revelations and 3. Personally I didn't even like 2 or Brotherhood. You don't need to play through every CoD story or every Metal Gear game.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aetheldod

@nightriff: Only a drawing for Metal Gear Ray from a side ways view

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By ProfessorEss

Just play Just Cause 2 forever and tell yer backlog to GTF outta yer face.

Maybe take a break to play ACII:Brotherhood and/or ACIV. Pretend there's no story because the one they give you certainly isn't worth the 60-100 hours it's gonna cost you :P

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aetheldod: ....then there is no point to play the VR missions if that's what you get.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: Unfortunately :/ , I was very dissapointed at the time

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aetheldod: Weren't the VR missions there to train the player on how to do things in the game? That was always my understanding

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By liquiddragon

i find it harder to finish games when i see a big stake like that so i usually put them away (in a box) except for like 1 or 2 so I can concentrate on just those but i don't really understand why you buy entire series of games when you haven't played and know you like...you don't need to get every splinter cell or assassin's creed games if you've never finished one and aren't a big fan.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By notnert427

Am I the only one who liked ACIII? I never quite understood why everyone trashes that game so much.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#23  Edited By Kidavenger

I'd play Saints Row 4 first, if you haven't played Saints Row 3, I'd get that and play it before 4 though.

Then I'd play AC1, 2, if you are still enjoying them, keep going, I think 2 is the best and the series doesn't change too much past 2 but the story is worth seeing all the way through if you enjoy the games, 1 is a bit rough to play but I think it has a story that is worth seeing, especially if you plan on playing them all.

After that, I'd play Metal Gear 1, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Dishonored.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: He is talking about the game that was all VR missions that came out years after MGS 1 ... altho what is shown is from MGS2 so in a way you saw what they were working on but at the time the context was unknow.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aetheldod: So it was some weird demo for MGS2 essentially, interesting.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

I once made a list of all of the games I wanted to finish in a month's span, and used a red sharpie to cross them off as I went. The physical list + big red pen approach is highly effective--feels so great to cross things off. You should totally try it.

DylanGW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@miko1222:

Step 1: Shorten the List

One way to do this is to get rid of games that are less essential or of lesser quality. This is a subjective process; but here's the list I came up with. I got rid of the first two Splinter Cell games and Blacklist because Chaos Theory is the best in the series. I got rid of Metal Gear Solid VR missions because that's extra content. I left only Sly 2 because it is the best of the three. I got rid of the 007 games and Risen 2 because those aren't great games. I got rid of Morrowind because...why do you want to play Morrowind 2014? Also Morrowind will take you all year. I shortened the number of Call of Duty games to four essentials; and Assassin's Creed to three essentials.

Cut Games

[Metal Gear Solid VR Missions], [Splinter Cell Blacklist], [Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, [Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow], [Sly Cooper], [Sly Cooper 3], [007 Reloaded, [007 Bloodstone], [Risen 2]. [Morrowind (PC)]

New List

Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Saints Row IV, Sly 2, Just Cause 2, Mass Effect 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Dishonored

Step 2: Start with shorter games first.

This website will help: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/

Step 3: when you start a game; finish it to the end.

Step 4: don't buy new games until you've finished the ones you still want to play.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@miko1222: Could always do what I'm doing. Set realistic goals for yourself and aim for them. I already finished 11 games from my backlog this year.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/tekzero/lists/2014-resolution/88692/

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger:

I've played all games in the series, already. I'm just replaying them to prep for Comet and Unity.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon:

I've finished all AC games.

Sorry I forgot to mention that.