A Book About Wrestling Videogame Development!

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By DevWil

This is not my Kickstarter, nor have I even personally committed to backing it at this point (though, I'm leaning towards it). (Also, I don't know the person running it, etc... not involved!)

Giant Bomb seems like the kind of community (with the kind of staff, particularly @jeff and @alex) that would appreciate a book about the history of wrestling videogame development.

Someone is trying to write just that, and he needs some money to do it.

Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This kickstarter is being run by Maffew, the guy who makes Botchamania. Just as an FYI. I haven't backed it personally but I was aware of its existence.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

I'm not even a wrestling person myself and I'd still be interested in reading the book just knowing the sort of developer talent they've managed to line up. I'd love to hear more about Suda 51's controversial work on the Fire Pro series, for instance. I've always wanted to hear what compelled him to write the sort of ending he did for Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

@turboman might be up your street.

Already backed it. One of the co authors is the guy behind Botchamania.