A Free Mars

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

So I have finished the campaign mode on Red Faction: Guerrilla. It wasn't an amazing game but it was most certainly a very good game and was well worth the play through. For anyone who is the slightest bit into action-adventure games I would recommend Red Faction to them because I'm sure they'll enjoy it very much. Right the way through the game I found that the destructible environments and the emphasis the game made on all the destructible buildings was what really set it apart from other games of its kind. However Guerrilla has actually only taken up a small portion of my gaming time this week due to my purchase of another great game which I'll mention in a bit.

I have finally gotten around to ordering my collector's edition copy of Halo 3 off of the internet and that should be arriving in two or three days. I figured I had to get it before the annual celebration of Bungie Day (which falls on the 7th day of the 7th month) and with a little luck I may even be able to pick up the legendary Recon armour permutation on the day itself, which is being awarded to anyone who can beat the Bungie employees at their own game. Pre-orders of Halo 3: ODST are also going cheap on some sites as well but I figured I'll check if I can order it at a local store first, that way I can pick up the game after it comes out as soon as possible, or at least that is the plan.

I have also downloaded and played a little America's Army 3 this week and I find myself once again disappointed with America's Army. I thought that maybe in the new version the shortcomings of its predecessors may have been cleaned up a bit, but it seems not. The game is littered with bugs ranging from major technical issues to numerous gameplay problems. But even ignoring these annoying glitches, the gameplay in America's Army 3 provides feels bland and derivative and I really couldn't find much enjoyment at all in playing. Being essentially a propaganda tool of the U.S. Army, it is free to download for anyone with Steam but there's not much to be got out of playing the game.

I am happy to say though I have downloaded a game this week that has been nothing less than brilliant and that's Team Fortress 2 for the PC. I really liked the game on the 360 but my two major gripes with the game were that it felt limited in terms of the number of maps and it tended to demand quite a bit of connection which wasn't the most convenient thing when my router and my Xbox are not the best of friends. However not only are there tons more maps on the PC version, along with all the stuff the various server admins of the PC version have cooked up, but I've found myself surprised by just how rich of an experience I've received from all the new (well, new to me) content in this version. There's more weapons, more achievements, more players allowed per game and maybe it's just because I haven't played an online shooter in a while but I think it's just plain awesome. If you wanna play you can add me under the steam ID Gamer_152 and I'll be playing much more of that game this week.

Anyway it's absolutely boiling where I am with summer heat and the hot air blowing out of my laptop cooling fan so I'm gonna go sit by my electric fan and play some more TF2. I'll leave you with the trailer for the new series of the Halo machinima, Red vs. Blue. Peace out.

-Gamer_152

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

So I have finished the campaign mode on Red Faction: Guerrilla. It wasn't an amazing game but it was most certainly a very good game and was well worth the play through. For anyone who is the slightest bit into action-adventure games I would recommend Red Faction to them because I'm sure they'll enjoy it very much. Right the way through the game I found that the destructible environments and the emphasis the game made on all the destructible buildings was what really set it apart from other games of its kind. However Guerrilla has actually only taken up a small portion of my gaming time this week due to my purchase of another great game which I'll mention in a bit.

I have finally gotten around to ordering my collector's edition copy of Halo 3 off of the internet and that should be arriving in two or three days. I figured I had to get it before the annual celebration of Bungie Day (which falls on the 7th day of the 7th month) and with a little luck I may even be able to pick up the legendary Recon armour permutation on the day itself, which is being awarded to anyone who can beat the Bungie employees at their own game. Pre-orders of Halo 3: ODST are also going cheap on some sites as well but I figured I'll check if I can order it at a local store first, that way I can pick up the game after it comes out as soon as possible, or at least that is the plan.

I have also downloaded and played a little America's Army 3 this week and I find myself once again disappointed with America's Army. I thought that maybe in the new version the shortcomings of its predecessors may have been cleaned up a bit, but it seems not. The game is littered with bugs ranging from major technical issues to numerous gameplay problems. But even ignoring these annoying glitches, the gameplay in America's Army 3 provides feels bland and derivative and I really couldn't find much enjoyment at all in playing. Being essentially a propaganda tool of the U.S. Army, it is free to download for anyone with Steam but there's not much to be got out of playing the game.

I am happy to say though I have downloaded a game this week that has been nothing less than brilliant and that's Team Fortress 2 for the PC. I really liked the game on the 360 but my two major gripes with the game were that it felt limited in terms of the number of maps and it tended to demand quite a bit of connection which wasn't the most convenient thing when my router and my Xbox are not the best of friends. However not only are there tons more maps on the PC version, along with all the stuff the various server admins of the PC version have cooked up, but I've found myself surprised by just how rich of an experience I've received from all the new (well, new to me) content in this version. There's more weapons, more achievements, more players allowed per game and maybe it's just because I haven't played an online shooter in a while but I think it's just plain awesome. If you wanna play you can add me under the steam ID Gamer_152 and I'll be playing much more of that game this week.

Anyway it's absolutely boiling where I am with summer heat and the hot air blowing out of my laptop cooling fan so I'm gonna go sit by my electric fan and play some more TF2. I'll leave you with the trailer for the new series of the Halo machinima, Red vs. Blue. Peace out.

-Gamer_152