#1 Posted by japp (7 posts) -

Do you think with the in flux of Kinect (tm) and Move (tm) the gaming community will lose the tag of being an unhealth past time ?
#2 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Will teenage Mexicans ever lose their cheesy mustaches? Will anyone ever look good with an Afro besides black people? No! It's stereotypes man!

#3 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -

Considering kinect will fail hard, no

#4 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

No, but the stigma of the unhealthy gamer needs to get dropped. The majority of people I know play games in one form or another and most are relatively fit (and certainly not unhealthy).

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie said:
" Considering kinect will fail hard, no "
agreed 

However, funny u should bring this up, cuz last night i started a diet and working out and taking care of my looks and cleanness more :P  im tired of being a fat smelly gaming worm
#6 Posted by Marcsman (3239 posts) -

Ha ha ha. Clearly you have never been to a midnight release of Halo at a Gamestop. The line at the Cinn a Bonn is in better shape. Ha ha thanks for the laugh though.
#7 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

No, I don't think so. It will be more actively engaging while playing Kinect, but as many researchers agree, doing things like playing the Wii is not adequate exercise. 

Could lessen the image associated with unhealthy gaming, but it'll take time.

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I don't know... there seem to be tons of unhealthy people nowadays. Something similar to Wall-E is right around the corner.

#9 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -

Also, LOL that only gaming is associated with fat people

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

No. Not everyone wants to buy the kinect or move (including myself). Most of us play games to relax or be lazy.

#11 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

I think DDR convinced me of that. 

For a week, then I never touched it again. 

I have a feeling by the end of this generation people are just going to be begging for more "Regular ass" games that don't have a lot of gimmicky "moving around your living room" mechanics and what not. 

#12 Posted by pectoral (124 posts) -

Most definitely not.

#13 Posted by russdog (52 posts) -

You cannot get healthy playing games with Kinect or Move.  That would require real exercise, eating well, and sleeping enough, which any gamer can choose to do.  I think your point is more about perception, though, which I guess could be changed a little to those who aren't really healthy and don't really play games...maybe just seeing people moving around gives the perception that gamers aren't all just sitting on the couch for 8 hours a day drinking Mt. Dew and eating Doritos.

#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

No, because those stereotypes you talk about don't want anything to do with those devices.

#15 Posted by Turbofirejames (40 posts) -
@GetEveryone:
That makes you and your friends the rare exception because of most people in America are overweight and obesity numbers are rising by the year. Gamers are fat....because everyone in America is fat. The childhood obesity rate is staggering....
#16 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

I'm sorry hasint this been tried already?

#17 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

no, as it is kind of a stereotype to say that people that play video games are fat. i've played video games and i'm thin. playing the wii from friends' house i don't see move being a weight loser. 

really the only way to get healthier is to diet correctly and work out.