Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

The Title Screen For The Demo
The Title Screen For The Demo
So I read something very interesting today. Robin Høyland, an 18 year old norwegian gamer has secretly been developing a new Zelda for almost 4 years.

Gamereactor, a Scandinavian gaming magazine have recently had an interview with this fellow. Unfortunately the interview is in Norwegian so most of you won't be able to understand it.

He says that he really wants to focus on the story telling, so in this game some backstory of Link will also be told. The second thing he says he wanted to focus on is the graphics, and he believes that he has achieved both of these tasks.

A trailer of the game is available. While it doesn't have the best editing, it  gets the job done.

A demo is available which can be downloaded here. I do not know how to open the file, so if anyone knows, please post how to in this topic.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

If this guy gets Ninty's attention, Bob is going to start killing people.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mushir

Personally Im very excited for this game. Can't wait to see how the story is.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By whyzenheimer

I'm guessing intellectual property laws in Norway are a little fuzzy if Nintendo hasn't slapped a cease and desist order all over this guy.

In reference to the actual game, it looks like he put a ton of effort into that.  I wonder if the English in the game will be as bad as the trailer, that could really screw up the narrative, but then again it's Zelda.  Time to download the demo.

EDIT:  As far as I can tell you open the file with a program called Zelda Classic.

UPDATE:  Previous link was too old of a build I guess.  Now trying most recent build from here.  More to come.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Looks cool, the English isn't very good though.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mushir
ParanoidFreak said:
" Looks cool, the English isn't very good though."
Yea the English here in Norway is pretty poor. Hopefully the game won't have many grammar and spelling mistakes. That would suck.
whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By whyzenheimer

Ironically enough, now that I have this working, I don't have time to play it.

For those who want to try, first download the build at the top of the list here.  Yes, there are other places you can find it.

Extract it to its own folder using your extraction tool of choice (WinRAR).

Download the custom quest file here.  I would advise putting it in the folder you extracted Zelda Classic/ZQuest to.  It just makes things easier.

Then follow the instructions on this page for loading a custom quest, because actually loading a map in this thing is kind of bass-ackwards.

Voila!   Hope this helps somebody.  Be sure to leave some feedback if you do get a chance to play.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
Twilight said:
"ParanoidFreak said:
" Looks cool, the English isn't very good though."
Yea the English here in Norway is pretty poor. Hopefully the game won't have many grammar and spelling mistakes. That would suck.
"

You speak English incredibly well. Until this topic I didn't know that you're Norweigan.
Migokalle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Migokalle

Hey guys! It's Robin here.
First off, I want to thank the topic starter for spreading the word! Thank you! :P

Now, I can actually explain myself when it comes to the bad English in the trailer: I was drunk! ( :O HORRIBLE EXCUSE!!!11)
Okay, I wasn't drunk. I had been working on the trailer all day, and it was late. I'm not the best videoeditor, so I sat til around 2 AM.
I'm actually 50% English, so I consider myself being pretty good... but everyone can make mistakes... and you know, I've been speaking Norwegian most of my life. Only a few family members speak English, so it's not like I use the language every day.

Anyways, I actually want to tell you NOT to play the demo. It's horrible... really. The version released on GameReactor is an untested version... the tested version has been expanded, and now lets you play from the intro, til the end of the dungeon in Hyrule Castle, which is Level 1... EVEN though there are two "dungeons" in the first demo... (I wouldn't call them that, really)... Either way, none of the dungeons in the first demo are level 1 or 2... they're just obstacles Link has to overcome.

Anyways, I'd like to show you guys something that you didn't get to see in the interview:
http://users.sephiroth.ws/Migokalle/Map%20of%20the%20Month/2/MigoMotM2.gif
This is the forest I call "The Great Forest"... it's not the most original name in the world, but it works.

Again, thanks for spreading the word!

--Robin Høyland

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mushir
Migokalle said:
"Hey guys! It's Robin here.First off, I want to thank the topic starter for spreading the word! Thank you! :PNow, I can actually explain myself when it comes to the bad English in the trailer: I was drunk! ( :O HORRIBLE EXCUSE!!!11)Okay, I wasn't drunk. I had been working on the trailer all day, and it was late. I'm not the best videoeditor, so I sat til around 2 AM.I'm actually 50% English, so I consider myself being pretty good... but everyone can make mistakes... and you know, I've been speaking Norwegian most of my life. Only a few family members speak English, so it's not like I use the language every day.Anyways, I actually want to tell you NOT to play the demo. It's horrible... really. The version released on GameReactor is an untested version... the tested version has been expanded, and now lets you play from the intro, til the end of the dungeon in Hyrule Castle, which is Level 1... EVEN though there are two "dungeons" in the first demo... (I wouldn't call them that, really)... Either way, none of the dungeons in the first demo are level 1 or 2... they're just obstacles Link has to overcome.Anyways, I'd like to show you guys something that you didn't get to see in the interview:http://users.sephiroth.ws/Migokalle/Map%20of%20the%20Month/2/MigoMotM2.gifThis is the forest I call "The Great Forest"... it's not the most original name in the world, but it works.Again, thanks for spreading the word!--Robin Høyland"
Haha guess who this is. Its me Mushir!
Migokalle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Migokalle
Haha! That's awesome!
I've been googling Hylian Phoenix, and I've found that lots of Norwegian news sites as written articles about me too! Some of them got the idea that the game is called "Hylian Phoenix The Darkness" though... which is totally wrong. The TRAILER name was "The Darkness"... oh well, I guess not ALL people in this world are smart :P
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

Since we're talking about awesome homebrew Zeldas, everyone should try the homage game Legend of Princess by Konjak.

It's a single level platformer. You have Link with his sword and shield and you also choose two items. One will mainly help you reach higher or further away areas (like a double jump feather for example) and the other is used mostly as a ranged weapon (like the boomerang).

So, you can take the easy secondary items, or pick other items which, while much harder to use (like the chicken instead of double jump), may give you access to areas the easier items simply can't. Of course, you CAN finish the game with any choices, but your score will be affected. It's pretty fucking sweet. It's sad he won't make more of it, but he has another full game in his pipeline so, yay! Buy Noitu Love 2 while you're at it.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Shadow

YUU MUST DEFEAT GANNON!

Avatar image for twilight_knight
Twilight_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Twilight_Knight

Hi, all. I know Migokalle/Robin from the Zelda Classic forums. You guys should take a look on www.zeldaclassic.com and www.purezc.com , since those two sites (along with various others) are filled with Zelda fan games (they are called Quests when made in Zelda Classic) which you can play with the same program as Robin's Quest uses. I myself make games as well with Zelda Classic, but they are not Zelda themed, ironically. But let's face it, you guys should use Google more frequently, it lets you find all of these wondrous things, just like ZC (ZeldaClassic). Oh and remember you can make your own quests with the program to (you use zelda-w.exe for playing the quest and zquest-w.exe for making the quest, unless it's passworded) and if you don't understand how it works, there is a help forum with many friendly and polite (+smart and creative, great people there! I've been hanging around there for 3 1/2 years, never got bored) members who can help you out. Anyway, you should be able to find what you need now. Have fun playing and all that, be sure to mentoin it to mean when you joined a help forum, my nickname is Twilight_Knight there too, just like Robin's nickname is Migokalle there too, you'll be able to find us.