AAA shooter release overwhelming

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like it hasnt been acknowledged how nuts the release schedule of the next two weeks is. Battlefield, then Titanfall, then COD, all a week apart. How did this happen! Who thought this would be a good idea? I really want to play Battlefield, but am worried it will make me burnt out for Titanfall. Why can't my shooters be spaced out? What kind of insane person is going to enjoy playing multiple online shooters at once? Should I buy Battlefield even if I'm slightly more excited for titanfall? Help?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I'm just getting Battlefield 1 so not really worried about it myself. CoD looks boring again and I haven't been sold by what I saw of Titanfall 2. If it gets good reviews I'll check it out down the line.

BF 1 looks amazing and I'm really happy to have a historical shooter again.

Of course I do think it's crazy to put these out so close but two of them aren't for me really.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are interested in both Battlefield and Titanfall but can only choose one right now, I would say play Titanfall now as the community could very well die off; Battlefield is more likely to keep a sustained audience for much longer.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

So don't play them all on release day.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget that Gears 4 released last Tues. Just barely over a week before Battlefield 1 does tomorrow(tonight for my timezone). With the EA Access early trial of BF1, Gears, Mafia 3, and friends of mine that are still riding the D-rock(that's Destiny for the un-addicted), I'm starting to get sore hands, carpal tunnel, and eye strain. Next Fri. release of COD is just way too much, and then there are other games(non shooter) coming out all through the next few weeks as well.

I am REALLY sick of the Oct-Nov release grind. Especially when you have huge gaps in the year that nothing comes out. I know, Marketing and all that, but it's still pretty ridiculous.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Protip: Get way into CS:GO. It's ruined every other FPS for me.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We've definitely been spoiled this year. I don't have a problem with it though. I say enjoy it while it lasts! I know it's hard to wait and play games later when they are very multiplayer focused but you're going to have to choose your battles here. (Unless you have oodles of free time of course.)

For me the answer was pretty simple. First DOOM for the single player. Then I tried Overwatch but fell off pretty quickly so I'm pretty much done with that. Then we get to the last 3. CoD is out since I've never particularly liked CoD Modern Warfare or its successors. Then there's Battlefield. I've played a whole lot of games in the Battlefield series (even the PS2 one for some reason) but after about 220+ hours of that game I fell quit it cold turkey for various reasons. Bf1 is also not really what I want out of a WWI game, it's just a bit too much like Bf4 for me.

That leaves me with Titanfall 2. I played a whole bunch of the Titanfall 1 beta but then got totally bored of it even before the actual game launched. Nevertheless I thought that game had a lot of potential with some changes and more systems and unlocks to make it last longer. That's what I'm hoping Titanfall 2 will be great and if it is I'll buy and play that one.

P.S.

I don't know how many people will care about this but there is also the question of value and sales practices to consider. Battlefield 1 is pretty damn expensive. Since Battlefield 3 they have really made people who do not buy Battlefield Premium second class citizens. Bf1 + Premium will cost you 109.98 (59.99 + 49.99) if you buy them at MSRP. They are also running a pretty shitty "if you pay more you can play the game earlier than the others" type of scheme which I'm not a fan of.

Meanwhile Titanfall 2 has 2 versions. One is the regular game for 59.99 and the other is the regular game + a few cosmetics for 79.99 while all future updates and maps and stuff will be free.

Avatar image for deactivated-58a3c9b2cc154
deactivated-58a3c9b2cc154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@e30bmw said:

Protip: Get way into CS:GO. It's ruined every other FPS for me.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I feel like it's always like this around this time of the year. Just pick a couple like the rest of us and play the other stuff later when you have time and it's cheaper.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda tired of AAA titles in general to be honest. So few of them are interesting enough to me, and mostly seem to target the big group of mainstream-hardcore gamers ($$$). The games are mechanically very similar to each other, streamlined and rarely comes up with something new (that makes a difference).

When it comes to shooters, the only one that I'm remotely interested in is Paladins, mostly due to Tribes: Ascend which had a reasonable skill roof and depth, compared to (for example) Overwatch. Not a "one button press" = 1-6 kills. I don't like 'trivial to learn hard to master' I guess. In Tribes Ascend it actually took some skill to master the skiing. The same way I think Supreme Commander > Starcraft. But the latter of course brings the big $$$.