AC Black Flag or Battlefield 4?

ericio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ericio123

Should I get Assassins Creed Black Flag or Battlefield 4 for PC?

Also can my computer handle either of these games?

Screen Size17.3 inches
Screen Resolution1920 x 1080
Max Screen Resolution1920x1080 pixels
Processor2 Hz Intel Core i7
RAM12 GB DDR3
Hard Drive750 GB
Graphics CoprocessorNV GTX 560M
Chipset BrandNVIDIA
Card DescriptionGTX 560M
Graphics Card Ram Size3 GB
ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ikilledthedj

On "low" maybe

and trying to run at native 1080 i think you would be in the low 20's FPS

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ragnar_mike

The real bottleneck there is the graphics card. I'm Playing BF4 with an i7 2600k and a GTX 770 and it runs just fine at 1080p and I doubt it would have much trouble with 1920 or even bigger. I played the beta with my old 570 and it worked ok with everything on high but there was a solid amount of screen tearing. I think if you're willing to crank down some of the fancier stuff, then you could totally play them, it just wont be optimal.

As far as the games go, they're really apples and oranges. If you like stories and pirates and being sneaky then AC seems pretty cool, although I haven't played the series since Brotherhood. BF is my favorite shooter brand and if you have enjoyed the series in the past it's more of the same in a good way. There's some server code growing pains, but that's the norm.

If you like stabbing people, then either will do.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Two Hertz processor. Ha.

...OK. According to this page, an NVIDIA GTX 560M can run Battlefield 3 on low settings at around 73 frames per second. I'd be willing to bet that your card could run BF4 at least at 30 frames per second at 1280x720 (myabe more), which is playable and will probably not look that bad even on low. However, at that point you might as well get the console version or wait to get either a proper gaming PC or a next-gen system.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Battlefield multiplayer has always been a ton of fun to me, and this one seems to do a lot of things right. Once it's stable I'll be spending a good deal of the winter with it.

AC looks neat but I haven't played the series since some of the first. Can't speak for it.

Or better yet, depends on if you want a single or multiplayer game.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

AC has really steep requirements on PC for some reason and will probably not be as optimized as BF. I would go with BF4.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By RazielCuts

Damn, I just saw this locked thread on the homepage and clicked on the link referred to at the bottom to this other one you created and thought, 'hey I wonder what other people said' and then thought, 'wait a minute, didn't I post in this thread already, whys my comment not here?' and saw the thread I posted in is actually a dupe of this thread. Here's the one I posted in, has more conversation attached to it if thats worth anything? - http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/ac-black-flag-or-battlefield-4-1459381/.

Now I don't know if this is a spam bot making threads to post the same Amazon link in the OP over and over again but yeah. @pseg do you want to lock this one as well or the other one or both? I don't know but yeah, another multiple thread asking the same thing? Seems a bit suspicious to me.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I'd say Battlefield 4.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers