Ahh, the joys of being a gaming journalist

harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By harrypmgaga

Today I was put on 2K Games' distribution list (W00T for Bioshock 2! ) and received a copy of Fairytale Fights for the PS3 for lulz as well. Going to start playing that. When I looked through the manual I was surprised at the pages filled up with weapons, from blunt to sharp and everything in between! 

Tomorrow (today really, but it's 6:20AM and I've not gone to sleep yet), it'll be time to actually start playing through Fairytale Fights and sometime next week to write the review of it (assuming I can finish it or get somewhat through it so I know what the basic premise of the game is). It looks fun, even though I'm not too much of a fun of hack-'n'-slash games, the platforming aspect of the game looks fun. 

Also got my hands on The Saboteur, Dragon Age: ORIGINS, and Borderlands (PC) from the good ole' friends at Gamer's Gate. What sucks is that our review sites down (stupid host, can't wait to move to GoDaddy). It's been down for over a day now and it's really peeing me off. HURRY UP AND BRING IT BACK UP!! 

Anyway, lets leave the ranting for another day. Cheers.

harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By harrypmgaga

Today I was put on 2K Games' distribution list (W00T for Bioshock 2! ) and received a copy of Fairytale Fights for the PS3 for lulz as well. Going to start playing that. When I looked through the manual I was surprised at the pages filled up with weapons, from blunt to sharp and everything in between! 

Tomorrow (today really, but it's 6:20AM and I've not gone to sleep yet), it'll be time to actually start playing through Fairytale Fights and sometime next week to write the review of it (assuming I can finish it or get somewhat through it so I know what the basic premise of the game is). It looks fun, even though I'm not too much of a fun of hack-'n'-slash games, the platforming aspect of the game looks fun. 

Also got my hands on The Saboteur, Dragon Age: ORIGINS, and Borderlands (PC) from the good ole' friends at Gamer's Gate. What sucks is that our review sites down (stupid host, can't wait to move to GoDaddy). It's been down for over a day now and it's really peeing me off. HURRY UP AND BRING IT BACK UP!! 

Anyway, lets leave the ranting for another day. Cheers.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Cerza

Cool story bro. What site do you work for?

harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By harrypmgaga

Hey there, 

Work for a site called GamesPoint -- www.gamespoint.net -- unfortunately (as you read in the blog), it's down because of the god-awful host. They gave us an ETA of 8 hours, yet here we are, still down >_<

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

For a fellow gaming journalist you sure got Dragon Age: Origins and Borderlands like.. fucking late :P 
Unless I misunderstood it and you just got those for yourself :P 

harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By harrypmgaga

Gamer's Gate sent us Saboteur to review, and I told them to gift me Dragon Age and Borderlands for fun. Had Borderlands on STEAM but they closed by account till further notice because PayPal charged back. They thought I was doing "suspicious activity". Pfft.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pazy
@harrypmgaga said:
" They thought I was doing "suspicious activity". Pfft. "

Getting free games, without a site to see? Very suspicous lol
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Pazy
@harrypmgaga said:
" www.gamespoint.net"
Side note, Cardinal sin! It has game in the name lol 
harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By harrypmgaga

No, I bought it off Steam, and then PayPal thought buying off Steam was suspicious. /sigh 

All my 50-odd games down the tube unless I prove my identity to PayPal...something which I have to do when I get my hands on a scanner. Had one years ago but haven't had the need for one since. While we're on the subject: no, I don't have an all-in-one printer either. Just haven't had the need for one basically.

harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By harrypmgaga
@Pazy said:
" @harrypmgaga said:
" www.gamespoint.net"
Side note, Cardinal sin! It has game in the name lol  "
I know, I know. But hey, I didn't name the site, just work at it. :P