Alan Wake and Red Dead Redepmtion at my Best Buy

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ProfessorEss

Disclaimer: I love both developers, I think both games look awesome, and I hope they both succeed but I thought I'd share this cause I found it surprising.

I went to Best-Buy yesterday morning to pick up my copy of RDR and when I was in line at the cashier they brought the games up.
The lady bringing the games asks the cashier "How many Red Dead should I leave here for the pre-orders?"
The cashier looks at her list and says "Just leave the boxes here."
Next she asks "How many Alan Wakes?" 
The cashier looks at what appeared at first to be a blank piece of paper and replies "Just one."

I know this is only one store in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, hardly a good test group, but still I was a little shocked.

(...damn you topic typos!!)

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I am not. RDR got much more hype then Alan Wake.  

Plus. Pre orders do not all ways mean big sales. When MW2 came out 90% of the people who came did not have a pre order. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss
@The_Laughing_Man said:

Plus. Pre orders do not all ways mean big sales.

Cool, hopefully they'll both do well (I'm confident  they will). Just thought it was interesting.
I never really ckecked into the pre-order bonuses for Alan Wake, I'm curious if this is simply a result of Gamestop having a clearly superior offer.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@ProfessorEss said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

Plus. Pre orders do not all ways mean big sales.

Cool, hopefully they'll both do well (I'm confident  they will). Just thought it was interesting. I never really ckecked into the pre-order bonuses for Alan Wake, I'm curious if this is simply a result of Gamestop having a clearly superior offer. "
I think it was a shirt or something. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

Some games offer pre-order content which motivates people to reserve their copies.  I know RDR had some ( "Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout" /"Walton Gang Outfit." ) so that might account for the disparity. 

jrbl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jrbl1

RDR had a decent pre-order bonus.  Alan Wake didn't.  No reason to pre-order it.  By the way I hate Pre-order bonus's and feel they devalue games.  But that is just me.