Aliens: Fireteam Elite

Scruffyn8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scruffyn8

Anyone pick this up yet? I'm into it so far it's a good mix of Division combat and L4D level layouts. They also treat the license pretty well and I'm a fan of the universe so it makes for a good deal at 40$ (got the version with no dlc)

Just interested to hear others thoughts. My main concern is player base drop-off since there aren't great matchmaking options. If anyone is interested in teaming up on playataion let me know! (Idk about cross play but haven't heard anything) my PSN is the same as my username here.

primebacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I picked it up, couple of hours in and I'm having fun. I like that I can make it much more atmospheric if I want, turn down the brightness, kill markers, enemy outlines etc to give it a little bit of that scary vibe while also being challenged. Its good fun with other people.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hayt

I'm playing it with two friends exclusively and having a really good time. We play in Intense with the enemy outlines and the kill markers turned off and it really feels like the game at its best. Runners are a constant threat of attrition and managing your ammo is an important factor. The loadout leveling system is also much deeper than I ever expected, taking the form it an interlocking puzzle grid of skills and perks. While the plot of the game is basically just a vehicle to get you through all the set pieces the lore you get on items and intel is really good. I heard they consulted with some people from Free League, who make the Pen and Paper RPG and it shows in the corners. It's not quite the work of art that Isolation was but it's a lot of fun. Our biggest issue is we're playing so much of it we're running out of content before their season 1 has even started.

Also: I think they do a really good job of bringing in stuff from Prometheus and Covenant to mix up the enemy variety and level design.