All this final fantasy news has got me curious.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For various reasons I've skipped over ff13. But all this news has me excited. But it seems like there are mountains of DLC for these games. Should I go ahead and dive in or wait for a ultimate edition? Isn't some of the DLC story stuff? I allmost never buy DLC and I would hate to play the game only to find out I have to spend X amount of money to finish it. Any suggestions?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

well there's no DLC for 13 so yeah.

Also 13 is a Bad Game (opinion because some people think otherwise) that 13-2 severely improves on. I'm not saying don't play 13, but if you don't wanna finish 13 and it becomes too much of a slog, then skip the rest and play 13-2 (there's a nice text dump of what happened in 13 you can read in 13-2)

As for 13-2, the only real required DLC is requiem of the goddess.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

There isn't much DLC for final fantasy. 13-2 has a lot of costumes and maybe 1 or 2 small story DLCs but they're certainly not needed.

Also, 13 is polarizing so it's a game you should play for yourself. Some people hate it, some people love it. I love it and it's my favorite Final Fantasy, tied with VI. 13-2 is still good but I feel it loses the insanely tight battles that XIII has.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@animasta: I played the first few hours of 13 awhile back but had to give it back to my ex. I liked what I played for the most part some I'm down for some more. Just wanted to know what I was getting I to DLC wise. I've just been craving a giant crazy square rpg for awhile now and I've already played FF8 twice this year lol.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only game that has DLC is XIII-2. Most of it is just side stories and some extra boss battles since the main story was a little too easy.

Like Animasta said the only one that's somewhat needed is the Requiem of the Goddess, but even then it's not that important.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By Slag

@doctordanger99: There is one story DLC for 13-2 maybe worth getting. But it's really only relevant to 13-3 not 15