Alternate Endings

icarusflies77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By icarusflies77

What do you think of games with multiple endings? Where what you do effects the result you get?Do you prefer games that have a set path, or ones that branch out? What is your favorite game with multiple endings?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I prefer a game with one good, strong ending. 

I like what nier did though. You have to beat the game multiple times and each time you get new plot information and endings. I've beaten it once and now I'm going back to get all the endings, even though it's kind of a boring game to play :\

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think both games with linear and branching story progression can be as enjoyable as each other when they're done right.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Humanoid

Even though I prefer one, I can say that I found Heavy Rain's entertaining. 

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I love Grand Theft Auto IV's endings but one of them had a much more consistent impact and reinforced many thematic elements that is underlined throughout the game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

they make me uncomfortable because i feel like im not in control of the game the way i should be :(

Soulblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Soulblitz

Games with one ending or two clear-cut endings sit well with me. Others that have loads of different ones depending on your choices are fine, as long as the game gives you some sort of notification or way to see what those choices are and how they've affected the ending. Playing through a game and having no idea what specific choices lead to the ending would probably annoy me.