Amazing look at the development of a game.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zereta

Now before anyone says it, yes, Its semi-Halo related. Yes, its been posted onto the General discussion board. No, I am not stupid.  Read the entire post.

I was searching up some stuff and came across a series of videos detailing the making of Halo 2, from the beginning right till the end. Bungie, many times, have said it was the most heart-breaking game they have ever made because of a lot of bad decisions along the way and they couldn't do what they had always wanted to do with it.  

I am not trying to promote Bungie, Halo 2 or Halo as a whole and I am well aware that a lot of people on Giant Bomb have a fairly negative view on the Halo series, but I feel for any gamer out there, and particularly those interested in the field of Game Development, this 6 Part series of videos show how much effort it takes to make video game in general and its worth the Hour or so to watch.  

After watching these videos, it made me think back at a lot of the games I've played and a lot of things flowed through my head. It made me appreciate even the shittiest games, the games which don't do too well but you know a lot of effort was put in. It made me look back at Bungie's games, some of the earlier COD games and made me realized that these guys may make great games but they suffer hell for it. 

So, if you're a fan of halo, Bungie or even if you hate them to death, I highly recommend watching the following videos in order. And come back in and discuss them and how you feel about what a developer goes through to make and ship a game, regardless of quality. And perhaps, at the end of it all, we will come out of it with greater appreciation of game development. 

The Making of Halo 2 - Part 1 
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 2
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 3 
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 4 
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 5 
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 6 

Remember, when you discuss this stuff, Keep it civil :)

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zereta

Now before anyone says it, yes, Its semi-Halo related. Yes, its been posted onto the General discussion board. No, I am not stupid.  Read the entire post.

I was searching up some stuff and came across a series of videos detailing the making of Halo 2, from the beginning right till the end. Bungie, many times, have said it was the most heart-breaking game they have ever made because of a lot of bad decisions along the way and they couldn't do what they had always wanted to do with it.  

I am not trying to promote Bungie, Halo 2 or Halo as a whole and I am well aware that a lot of people on Giant Bomb have a fairly negative view on the Halo series, but I feel for any gamer out there, and particularly those interested in the field of Game Development, this 6 Part series of videos show how much effort it takes to make video game in general and its worth the Hour or so to watch.  

After watching these videos, it made me think back at a lot of the games I've played and a lot of things flowed through my head. It made me appreciate even the shittiest games, the games which don't do too well but you know a lot of effort was put in. It made me look back at Bungie's games, some of the earlier COD games and made me realized that these guys may make great games but they suffer hell for it. 

So, if you're a fan of halo, Bungie or even if you hate them to death, I highly recommend watching the following videos in order. And come back in and discuss them and how you feel about what a developer goes through to make and ship a game, regardless of quality. And perhaps, at the end of it all, we will come out of it with greater appreciation of game development. 

The Making of Halo 2 - Part 1 
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 2
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 3 
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 4 
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 5 
The Making of Halo 2 - Part 6 

Remember, when you discuss this stuff, Keep it civil :)