#1  Edited By valrog
jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jetsetwillie

hope they add guns this time, sucked having nothing to shoot the baddies with in the last one.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaggE

I'd love to see Frictional try their hand at Asian-style horror.

Time to buy stock in underwear companies.

EDIT: Eh wot? That completely defeats the purpose of the game.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By valrog

Frictional added this to their site in the "In Development" category.

This already scares me...

Edit: Pictures stopped working.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fini_fly

This is exciting... and terrifying.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By valrog

Site has been updated!

Google shows a location somewhere in Seattle now...

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Neat! Let's just hope it contains less naked dudes and more decapitation!

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

Someone figured it out.

It seems Frictional Games are working with The Chinese Room (Dear Esther) on their next game. It all makes sense now.

• Google Maps location I. China
  • Google Maps location II. Boreray Island, the place that inspired Dear Esther's island
  • Google Maps location III. Seatle, Smith Tower
The Chinese Room is on the 35th floor, which also has a wraparound public observation deck. The furniture and the hand-carved ceiling were gifts from the Empress of China. They include the famous Wishing Chair. It is said that a single woman who sits in the chair will marry within a year. The legend came true for Smith's daughter, who married in the Chinese Room itself.

Also, it seems the release date will be in Q4 2012.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I can get behind this. I can get behind this so hard.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CptChiken

I am terrified of playing this game. Though I probably will.

Avatar image for the_great_skenardo
the_great_skenardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm okay with this.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zeforgotten

I was excited when news of this first hit. 

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By captain_max707

I'll be crying under my blankets if you need me.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By valrog

I just stumbled upon an interview that will probably haunt me for weeks to come. Read the bolded part.

Forthcoming PC horror sequel Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs will make you fearful of going anywhere near a desktop computer ever again, original developer Frictional Games has pledged.

In response to an email from a fan, named Gustav, concerned that the follow-up to the 2010 pant-spoiler will turn down the scares, Frictional boss Thomas Grip promised the game will haunt gamers' nightmares.

"One should not pay too much attention to rumors," read Grip's reply, as posted on Reddit.

"If it would have been a less scary Amnesia it would have been called 'Amnesia: A trip to rainbowland' or perhaps 'Amnesia: A machine for cookie baking'.

"Our dear collaborator, Chinese Room, has gone to great length to conjure up the most disturbing and repulsive subtitle for a game yet. There is nothing friendly, cuddly or cozy about a machine for pigs. Men do not make machines that play with pigs, or sing cute songs for pig. No, there are only horrible and terrifying implications with this kind of machinery.

Grip then dared Gustav to play the game alone with the lights turned off when it eventually launches.

"Please do continue with the conviction that A Machine for Pigs will be a nice and mellow experience," he wrote.

"When it becomes a available on a dark and stormy night this coming fall, do let your guard down. Do think as you boot the game that this will be nothing to worry about. Put out all lights and play it in your damp and gloomy basement, far away from any kind of comfort, convinced that your are in for an relaxing trip.

"You will then be unprepared for what will hit you, and will perhaps never dare to start your computer ever again, fearful of coming close to that machine.

"Your dreams will be filled with creaking machinery, the desperate cries of pigs, the rattle of chains and the dreadful feeling of something unspeakable is watching you from beyond. That is when you will regret thinking that A Machine for Pigs would be not a very scary experience."

Gulp.

And these might not be mere idle threats - the original was terrifying.

"Amnesia isn't just a game where you can't fight the monsters. It's a game where you can't look at the monsters. Doing so drains your sanity and increases the chance they'll spot you," wrote Eurogamer's Quintin Smith in his 8/10 Amnesia: The Dark Descent review.

"Sometimes this not-looking isn't a problem because the monsters are invisible, but in places it's the most horrible thing in the world. Imagine it. You're hiding from a monster in the sole pocket of shadow in a room, and all you can do is stare at the floor."

A Machine for Pigs, developed by Dear Esther studio Chinese Room, is expected out on PC later this year.

Source

It's not like I planned on getting any sleep, anyway.