Any chance of a Darkspore QL?

l3reak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By l3reak

If you don't know what it is, Darkspore is the new sci-fi co-op action RPG from Maxis. It has the Spore creature editor for customizing your dudes, but that's the only relation it has, it's not another janky spinoff or add-on. I know some of you guys like aRPGS and it's a pretty underlooked title. It's a pretty dead week anyway and Brad did say he was interested on the Bombcast, so it'd be a great thing to do for content. Hell, far as I'm concerned, you'd be better off using Darkspore for TnT rather than Tony Hawk (were you serious about that? lol). I'd be pretty hugely interested in seeing what you guys thing of it. Make sure to play co-op though because solo is basically tacked-on and sucky. I mean, Maxis does have their office just a couple miles away from you guys, I'm sure they'd be into coming by and showing the game off if you asked them. I don't think they actually have a "marketing budget" for this game.
Anyone else play it yet? I got on with a few friends tonight and we had a pretty bitchin' time. It's really good at directly stimulating the loot center of your brain.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrCandleguy
@l3reak:
Yea, im really interested in that game. I would love to see a quicklook to decide more of it. How long until its out anyway?
l3reak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By l3reak
@AmonHouston: Just came out yesterday!
l3reak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By l3reak

And a quick look is up. Looks like they enjoyed it, which is cool, though it's a shame they didn't show off the coop, which kind of makes the gameplay look slow or stale. I really hope one of them keeps playing and decides to do a full review, even if it doesn't seem likely!

My dream, though, is that they'd do a Thursday Night Throwdown of it. It'd be a perfect fit since the gameplay is broken up into little 10 minute missions, and it even has PvP. And it's the kind of PvP where it's just random shit exploding everywhere, just the kind of game that looks fun to watch. ;) Anyone else want to see this?
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

Ryan will probably review it, he's already put in a good amount of time in the game according to his steam profile.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By craigbo180
@l3reak said:
" My dream, though, is that they'd do a Thursday Night Throwdown of it. "
No Caption Provided