Any good RTS games out there?

Ganthet2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering if you awesome guys could tell me if there is any good RTS games out there beside FF Tactics , Fire Emblem, X-com, and the Shinning Force games? I have been trying to find some more to play and haven't found any. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Those examples you gave are of turn-based strategy/tactics games, not RTS games. RTS (real-time strategy) games are ones like StarCraft 2 or Company of Heroes 2. Which type of game (turn-based or real-time) are you looking for?

Ganthet2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ganthet2814

Turn-based. Thank you for point that out to me. My bad.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@ganthet2814 said:

I was wondering if you awesome guys could tell me if there is any good RTS games out there beside FF Tactics , Fire Emblem, X-com, and the Shinning Force games? I have been trying to find some more to play and haven't found any. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Think those games probably fall more on the line of Stragtey RPGs while RTS are something like Starcraft or the Command and Conquer series. If you can get past the anime cliches of the Disgaea franchises those are pretty hardcore srpgs that can give you about 100+ hours of gameplay. You literally grind against enemies to level up your weapons in the newer incarnations. If you liked Fire Emblem and can find copies of the game give the Advanced War games a shot. If you enjoyed the Final Fantasy Tactics remake and have a psp / vita laying around you can give Tactics Ogre remake a shot, both are very similar in art style and presentation.

Some recent ones that I've played and I think are pretty rad includes Shadowrun Returns which is fun because of all the user created content from the community. Skulls of the Shogun was also pretty rad for what its worth, just unfortunate not a whole lot of people are playing it now on XBLA though it recently came out on Steam so maybe more people might be playing it on the pc. Valkyrie Chronicles a series found on ps3 and psp also is pretty fun. It did a great job of mixing things up between srpg and shooter.

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Truant19

For which platform?

Heroes 6 is a really fun turn based game for PC. It's not the best in the series (most agree Heroes 3 was the best), but unless you like retro gaming, I say stick with heroes 6.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I was just about to come in here and say there are no good RTS games, ever. But you really meant Turn Based

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JasonR86

Nope.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jgf

Which platform are we talking? PC, Xbox, VIta, DS, PS3?

34f3ecwdc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 34f3ecwdc3

The Stronghold series, Age of Empires or Age of Mythology.

Ganthet2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any platform.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

For turn-based games, give Frozen Synapse a try. Real great stuff

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zekhariah

Valkyria Chronicles. Maybe Fallout Tactics if you like your games more than a decade old.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane looks a bit 4Xish but is combat oriented.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers