Any one else buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

scaramoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Saw the Mario Kart 8 Bundle for £200 at Tesco and along with Nintendo's free game offer I couldn't refuse. I bought a Wii U last year but sold it because there were no games, I just feel like a sucker for buying into the system again lol. Mario Kart 8 just looks so good though, I mean graphically it proves that Nintendo can easily compete with these new consoles as I think it looks better than anything we've seen on them so far. I just hope they keep coming with the games, Zelda has to be announced around E3 time even though Nintendo aren't going surely?

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When Zelda is pretty much the most exciting thing they could possibly announce, that doesn't interest me much. I get that Nintendo make great games but I've got no nostalgia for them personally, and great games aren't as interesting as what's happening elsewhere.

I think Wii U hardware is more than capable of delivering next gen Nintendo games anyway. You're right, Mario Kart 8 does look as good as a lot of next gen titles. It's still a big step up for them.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I was going to because early adverts had the game look somewhat evolved and different, with a more unique graphical style. But watching actual clips people uploaded, the levels are all the same format, the art style is the same only sharper, it looks like all they did to RR was change the turns.