Anyone played Goblin Stone?

blackra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just saw Goblin Stone on steam, just wondering if anyone tried the game.

I'm looking for a single player RPG game if you have any recommendation, please share it here! Underrated games will do, and it is worth to wishlist.

Thanks!

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Broshmosh

I haven't played Goblin Stone, but I do play a lot of excellent single-player RPGs.

Start with Divinity Original Sin 2 Director's Cut if you haven't played that. Be preapred to save often, and re-load just as much. It's gruellingly difficult at first if you aren't used to CRPGs, but the quality of the characters, world and writing is just way too good to miss.

If you're up for something a little jankier, Geneforge 1 - Mutagen originally came out in 2001, and was re-mastere for a 2021 re-release. This re-release is honestly so good. I didn't expect to like it, but the world is so charming, and the way you interact with it is actually really cool - finding and unlocking jars of spells that either provide excellent utility, or let you create new summons to aid in battle, feels really rewarding. That said, it doesn't hold your hand, and you won't really find a walkthrough online - the community is much more interested in providing the tools to help you get yourself out of confusion, like maps of each area. As with DOS:2DX, save often, and re-load judiciously.

I can't really talk about single-player RPGs without mentioning Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. It's unneccesarily bloated with side quests, but it is also gorgeous, sounds incredible, and has satisfying combat. It has some drawbacks, like being Switch exclusive, but overall a fantastic game.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin Stone's demo is really rad. Play that and you'll know exactly what you're in for. Kinda Darkest Dungeon-y but instead of nonstop misery there's adorable goblins.

If you haven't yet, play the Shadowrun RPGs. Returns is skippable but Dragonfall and Hong Kong are incredible RPGs. And a pivotal story element in that setting's lore is GOBLINIZATION, which is why there's fantasy races and magic in the cyberpunk future. Harebrained Schemes' next game, Battletech, is more XCOM-with-mechs strategy-oriented but has a really powerful story, too.