Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By Blastroid

Hi my name is Blastroid and I am an addict gamer:

New to the site and have no clue why I have not found it before. I consider myself a hardcore gamer or a buy everything gamer. A friend introduced me to the site. On a daily basis I visit a number of gaming related site for review articles/videos, and just game gibber gabber.

I just wanted to say thanks to the staff and community of this site. This site compared to the other feels fresh. The wiki alone could is an amazing resource and they give it up for free with the API tools. I like how everything on the site can have its own forum and with blogging like this it allows the community for feel like the site is partly owned by the user. The quest structure is also amazing and has reduced my productivity at work.

The quick look videos have to be my favorite though. The casual feel of the video like you got your buddies in a room to play, make fun of, enjoy, and just be silly is great entertainment. I never expect these video to be a review or guide to the game. If someone in the video as an opinion about the game then I respect it as an opinion of the person and not the site. There are plenty of other places on this site and others to get more professional about the details of a game but the quick looks IMO (<<<) should be non-scripted as they are. For me I get more information about how a game plays than a review or especially a trailer.

Hope to be here for a long time and stay active/productive while I am here.

Thanks,

Blastroid

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Blastroid

New to the site and have no clue why I have not found it before. I consider myself a hardcore gamer or a buy everything gamer. A friend introduced me to the site. On a daily basis I visit a number of gaming related site for review articles/videos, and just game gibber gabber.

I just wanted to say thanks to the staff and community of this site. This site compared to the other feels fresh. The wiki alone could is an amazing resource and they give it up for free with the API tools. I like how everything on the site can have its own forum and with blogging like this it allows the community for feel like the site is partly owned by the user. The quest structure is also amazing and has reduced my productivity at work.

The quick look videos have to be my favorite though. The casual feel of the video like you got your buddies in a room to play, make fun of, enjoy, and just be silly is great entertainment. I never expect these video to be a review or guide to the game. If someone in the video as an opinion about the game then I respect it as an opinion of the person and not the site. There are plenty of other places on this site and others to get more professional about the details of a game but the quick looks IMO (<<<) should be non-scripted as they are. For me I get more information about how a game plays than a review or especially a trailer.

Hope to be here for a long time and stay active/productive while I am here.

Thanks,

Blastroid

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mclargepants

You should check out the Endurance Runs, hours and hours of fantastic entertainment! And welcome!

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By bassman2112

You

I like you.

Palaeomerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Palaeomerus

@Blastroid said:

Are you going to get Wasteland 2 when it comes out?

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

Did you buy the new XCOM: Enemy Unknown from Firaxis ? Torchlight 2 ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I see what you did with this thread.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jsnyder82

I agree. But do we really need a polar opposite thread immediately after somebody bitches about Giant Bomb? For every "I just wanted to say that I don't like..." thread we immediately get a "I just wanted to say that I DO like..." thread. I dunno. Just a thought.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Blastroid said:

I consider myself a hardcore gamer or a buy everything gamer.

Do you have a pink Vans trucker hat with a mustache on it?

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dogma

I kinda think we do. But the cool thing here is that he is new to the site. That gives the whole thing a much needed new perspective. Ain't it fun that people just can wander in here and enjoy it's content? ^^^

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blastroid

@Palaeomerus said:

@Blastroid said:

Are you going to get Wasteland 2 when it comes out?

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

Did you buy the new XCOM: Enemy Unknown from Firaxis ? Torchlight 2 ?

I did buy Torchlight 2. Not a fan of the original XCOM (yes I have been playing that long) o I doubt it. I will research the others a little but with the Wii U launches and BO2 I need to clone myself to play them all.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blastroid

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Blastroid said:

I consider myself a hardcore gamer or a buy everything gamer.

Do you have a pink Vans trucker hat with a mustache on it?

The mustache fell of because of my cat playing with it.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By GreggD

@Dogma said:

I kinda think we do. But the cool thing here is that he is new to the site. That gives the whole thing a much needed new perspective. Ain't it fun that people just can wander in here and enjoy it's content? ^^^

Yeah, that's the beauty of this site, and many others with similar kinds of content. Waltz in, and start devouring hours of content.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By rachelepithet

Um, who originally made this thread? I'm seeing multiples by different accounts. Have spam bots become that advanced?

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LikeaSsur

I'm here to shatter your expectations because my rose colored glasses are/were the only way to enjoy this site.

But really, I'm happy to see some positivity around here for a change.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blastroid

@jsnyder82 said:

I agree. But do we really need a polar opposite thread immediately after somebody bitches about Giant Bomb? For every "I just wanted to say that I don't like..." thread we immediately get a "I just wanted to say that I DO like..." thread. I dunno. Just a thought.

I agree my choice of title was a little rude and I do respect the comments on the other topic. I just wanted to introduce myself and had 2nd thoughts about the title but the devil on my shoulder usually wins. Also not polar opposites as the other topic was a span of 2 years and mine was only 2 weeks. ;) The topic in question had almost all the words in the title that I wanted to express in my introduction.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Milkman

Ignore the vocal whining minority and just have fun. 

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jsnyder82

@Blastroid said:

@jsnyder82 said:

I agree my choice of title was a little rude and I do respect the comments on the other topic. I just wanted to introduce myself and had 2nd thoughts about the title but the devil on my shoulder usually wins. Also not polar opposites as the other topic was a span of 2 years and mine was only 2 weeks. ;) The topic in question had almost all the words in the title that I wanted to express in my introduction.

That's totally cool. I hope I didn't come off as too much of a dick with that comment. I just saw a recent influx of threads like that and felt the need to add my two cents. But really, I guess there's nothing wrong with it. Positivity is never a bad thing.

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By btman

@Blastroid: Welcome.

Have fun with the Endurance Runs.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wjb

One of us, one of us, gooble gobble, etc.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Well it's required that you fap daily to XCOM or you'll never be welcome here. Note: No one gave a shit about XCOM or the original 2 months ago.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Kinda ironic seeing this post next to the post complaining about the past two years of giantbomb. I think GB is awesome too!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By cornbredx

Welcome to the site. 

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers