Assassin's Creed 2 trial for 20 bucks!?

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By normalpants

I bought the deluxe version of Assassin's Creed II today on PSN but my Playstation thinks it's the trial version. Apparently when Sony was "welcoming back" returning members with a free month of Playstation Plus, I had downloaded the one hour trial of AC2 but never played it. Now that I have paid for the actual game, I am stuck with a trial version. I contacted Sony, and they say they are going to refund my money in less than 7 days, but I'm annoyed because today is my only day off, and planned on playing today. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a workaround like maybe deleting my now expired trial and redownloading? The game does not appear in my downloads but the 2 downloadable content packages that came with the deluxe version are there. Please help! I'm itching to play some AC2.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Maybe playing through the 1 hour trial might work. I don't know, but that's what triggers the, "Hey, you should pay us money now" thing.

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By normalpants

@MooseyMcMan:

I already played through the trial and am now locked out of the game I paid for, which is why I called Sony.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@normalpants: That sucks then. At least they're refunding it.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've never heard of this exact thing happening to anyone before. It sucks that this can even happen.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

I've never downloaded a "full" game off of PSN, but if it works like some of the smaller, downloadable titles, you usually download the demo AND an unlock key.

Is there anything similar to that you could try and re-download (preferably just the key)?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shadows_kill

When you bought it was there a "unlock key" or did it just pop up with a download of the trail/ game? If theres a key try redownloading. If its a full game try redownloading it and deleting the old version?

I also haven't bought a full version of a game on psn..

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I can buy the game cheaper than that. Rip-off, skimping losers.