Assets not loading in FEAR 1

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Rxanadu

I've been looking for a way to get textures and other assets to work for the game since I bought the game (and its expansions) in the Thanksgiving sale. I know assets are missing in the main game, since whenever I load the game up, the main menu only has the text; none of the flashy animations are seen. Even weirder, the objects must be missing entirely, as whenever I try to perform a performance test I'm hit with a textbox saying, "No valid assets" or something like that.

I could deal with some textures missing, but these missing assets have become game-breaking. Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

What's being shown is a door with a lock from the first mission... or, at least, what's supposed to be there. I know the general area of the lock is in the 'middle' of the door, but I've unloaded a full clip into that general area with no progress. I know the door is there due to the prompt and the bullet holes.

I want to play this game from the beginning before I get into the DLC, so I can get the full story of the events in the game. If there's anything I could do to fix this issue and get back into playing this game, I'd like to know. Otherwise, I wonder if I can contact Valve of this issue. I've already tried talking on the official Steam forums, but not a single person responded.

Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Artigkar

I see no screenshot...

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CreepingDeath0

First thing to do with a problematic Steam game, right click > properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.

Hopefully it'll recognize the missing/faulty assets and redownload them.

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Rxanadu

: I couldn't recreate the other section entirely. Here's another screenshot that shows a similar problem, however:

No Caption Provided

: Unfortunately, that didn't work. I've also deleted and reinstalled the game with no success.

Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Artigkar

@Rxanadu:

This is probably not gonna help you at all, but I remember having a similar problem with GTA 4 on PC (judging from that screenshot). I think there was a temporary fix for that game where you made the game force everything on. I also think updating the drivers fixed it in the end... so probably not helpful at all. EDIT: by "forcing everything on" I mean textures and graphics stuff.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SSully

1. Make sure your drivers are up-to date.

2. Check a more robust forum for the game, specifically it's steam forum or a fan site for the game. Those kind of forums usually have more detailed information on specific problems with the game like this.