bad idea to contact ebay user on facebook?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think you just learned a valuable lesson in why you should have read the obvious rules of selling crap on ebay... on ebay and everywhere else on the internet. You got ripped off because you didn't think about human nature or common sense.

P.S. - All sending a message through facebook will do is cause you to get blocked in about 3 clicks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mods can lock this

Avanzato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start an unpaid item dispute, you have nothing much to lose now and it has worked for me in the past for non payers.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If she messaged you that she would send it back, it seems like she might just do it, despite the tardiness. A person looking to scam you would just not contact you at all. Good luck duder.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@mr_misery: Like another user mentioned, your only really option is to open an unpaid item dispute and learn from your lesson. Here's what I have done in the past as a seller (and currently do as well):

1. Never ship the item before you receive payment.2. If you want (because I have found a lot of Ebayers are stingy on actually leaving any feedback as all) you can decide to not leave feedback for a buyer until they've paid and left you feedback. I hate having to send a buyer a PM weeks later asking them to please rate the transaction and me just so I can get my seller rating up.
3. Quickly add your tracking number to the purchase once you ship the item. Not only does this add to the paper trail of the item but it also quickens the time in which you can receive your Paypal balance (after it switches to available from pending).

Sucks this happened but at least you know where you went wrong >< Hopefully everything gets resolved for you as the purchaser clearly just hopes you give up and she gets a free game out of this. Even if you didn't ship the item I open an unpaid buyer dispute on most buyers who try and back out of an Ebay transacation.