Best Buy doesn't even know when games are released

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By btman

So I went to Best Buy today to get a few things among which was Heavy Rain.  I looked all over the PS3 section and couldn't find it.  I thought to myself that it must be in back or in a special case up front which they sometimes do with new releases.  I went up front by the cash register and it wasn't there so i asked an employee if they had it.  He looked in his computer and found out they did have it so he went back in storage to get it.  He came out and said that they did indeed have it but they couldn't give it to me because it "wasn't released until tomorrow" (March 2nd).  I told him that i knew it was released a week ago (for obvious reasons).  He said that no, it wasn't supposed to be released til 3/2/10.......  so i had to go over to Target to buy it who had it stocked with all the rest of the games.

I just wonder how a store like Best Buy could not know when a games release date was...

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

I never go to Best Buy anymore because they never know much of anything when I have a question.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Castro

I remember Jeff saying that he went to Best Buy to pick up the Miles Edgeworth game and they didn't even have it listed in their system. It would appear as though they are just incompetent.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By crusnchill
@btman: You should've gone back and shown him the game with the Target reciept. Man he'd of felt like a right moron.
mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By mosdl

Hiring the cheapest possible labor probably doesn't help.  Frys around here (South Bay Area) actually posts a list of release dates for games and movies in the appropriate sections just for this reason

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By TheHBK
@Axxol said:
" I never go to Best Buy anymore because they never know much of anything when I have a question. "
I would like to know which store knows anything?  Usually they do but they try to tell you shit that isn't true to sell you more stuff.  Its like this for any retail store.  Gamestop has always been the whipping boy but lets admit, someone is trying to sell stuff, their job is not to know their shit so they can help you, its to make money.  At frys, oh man, you have a bunch of guys that wear suits and ties selling computers and just say the stupidest shit and it doesn't seem to help that they act like car salesmen.  Then you have all Geek Squad guys who do know their shit, except they are skinny douchebags who think that anyone but them knows anything about computers.
Though my Best Buy is always pretty good.  They have the release dates of games posted and the preorder boxes there.
Also, one question, why didn't you show him the ad from that week, they have em in store and I am sure heavy rain was in there, either this week or last.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

If there's a game that I'm interested in I just google the release date.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iam3green

i guess u just have a bad best buy. i am happy with my best buy. i don't always buy from them but still. 

corporations are just stupid sometimes. when wow burning crusade came out i went to walmart and gamestop. they both were out and the guy at gamestop told me i should have preordered it. i ended up going to another one the other side of town and got it. in more recent times there is a thing called internet when they do release the games on time.

JohnRehill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JohnRehill

Hm, that is pretty weird.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By skyline7284

I'll take Best Buy over Gamestop any day.

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hughes

I like to shop as Best Buy as well, but I haven't bought a game so close to release day since MW2.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pinworm45

Best Buy employs teenage girls who don't know anything and most certainly don't care. What do you expect?

Altruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Altruis

My local Best Buy is similarly useless, but both of the gamestops in my area are strangely competant, having never messed up anything for me. Odd.