Best controller for SNES VC games (Stop moving my threads, plz)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lotus_Flower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lotus_Flower

ATTN MODS: Please stop moving moving my threads to their respective and dead boards. I made a RESIDENT EVIL related thread and I received many replies very quickly on this forum (General Discussion). Guess what? When a mod moved said thread to the RESIDENT EVIL forums about a week or so ago, there hasn't been a SINGLE reply. Now I see that my most recent threads (an Earthbound thread and this one) have been moved to their respective forums, which are dead. If the forums are dead, please be kind and reasonable and allow these threads to remain in GD where they will actually be acknowledged and answered. Thank you.

For instance, if I wanted to play CHRONO TRIGGER, SUPER MARIO WORLD, ALTTP, etc. Classic OR Classic Controller Pro OR the hard-to-get-if-you're-North-American-so-I-don't-know-why-I'm-mentioning-it SNES controller from the EU Club Nintendo?

Thoughts?

I was planning on buying the Classic Controller Pro for my play through of Chrono Trigger, ALTTP, Super Mario World and other SNES classics. Good plan?

No Caption Provided
shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shaunk

@Lotus_Flower: The mods know what they are doing. That is not how the forums work. I could go write in the Earthbound forum right now and everyone will see my topic on top of the list. Everyone just checks the forums in general. No need to call out the mods for doing their jobs. You could have just bumped your old topic.

thellama042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thellama042

I vote to move this to a completely random place based solely on the fact that the title expressly says not to.

'Cuz I'm an ass like that :)

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shaunk

I vote that we get a mod to lock this thread that way people can comment in the other perfectly fine one he created the other day.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By N7

Send him to the Duke Nukem Forever forum.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

Sounds fine to me, Also i saw your thread about Earthbound, on the Earthbound board, but i didnt respond, if you click on the forums button it shows all recent posts.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shaunk

@BraveToaster said:

The location of the thread has nothing to do with the lack of replies.

Oh Snap! Two-Hand Jams!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By DeF

unless you're crazy or rich, don't get the SNES CC.

just get a CC Pro which you can use for other games as well. the original CC feels very similar to the SNES pad but it's just more comfortable to hold with the prongs on the CC Pro (and the sticks are a little farther apart which is better). also: the CC Pro comes in various colors (white, black, red [might be EU exclusive because the red one was bundled with Xenoblade but it is also being sold separately now here] and gold if you can still get the limited edition Goldeneye bundle from somewhere)

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By trace

I'm going to redirect any comments to your old thread and lock this thread down. There was no need to create another thread over this matter.

Forum placement or "dead forums" are unlikely to prevent your threads from receiving replies on Giant Bomb, as recent discussions on most forums can easily be seen on the latest topics listing, and many users take advantage of that to browse through all of the current conversations. That aside, General Discussion is for general video game discussion that doesn't fit into another forum well, relates to multiple games, or relates to Giant Bomb itself (not counting editing, quests, or bugs). Given this discussion is directly related to controllers for the Wii's SNES Virtual Console titles, the Wii forum is a more appropriate place for this thread to exist.