Best E-Shop games?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I've had my 3DS for ages now, and I'm running low on things left to play. What games do you guys rate on the E-Shop? I've already played Crash/Pushhmo, aswell as that DND Dice game and Zelda Links Awakening. What else should I pick up? It can be E-Shop exclusive, NES shit, whatever.

I've kinda got my eye on that Tokyo Attack of the Monsters thing.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

Picross e is great, if you like Picross. Which I do.

The Starship Damrey is short, and kind of interesting. I don't know if it's worth however much it's selling for, since you can burn through it in maybe an hour or two. At least, unless you get stuck doing something stupid like I did, walking past a super obvious door over a dozen times before noticing it.

The Denpa Men: They Came By Wavecould be cool, if you have the right setup for it. I can't say one way or the other, though. The fundamental game mechanic depends on you being able to detect a ton of different wifi networks (like you could if you lived in, say, an apartment building in Tokyo). Being in a house in the suburbs, I can see my network and occasionally the neighbor's, so I can't do much with that game.

If you liked that dice rolling game, you might like Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan. It is more or less a grind-fest though.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Well, in that case, VLR...

mindgarden418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gunman Clive is a cool but short Mega Man style (sorta) platformer type thing. It is a little short but has a nice presentation, it is $1.99 on the NA E-shop I think.

I've enjoyed Kokuga, especially in local multiplayer but I can definitely see people loving or hating it. It is sorta like a shmup but with more free movement and somewhat slower paced than your typical CAVE shmup or Ikaruga. I believe this is from the director of Ikaruga, but I may be wrong. It is very different to that though.

I'll also second Etrian Odyssey IV, it is also available at retail though. I'm a pretty big fan of this series since the first game. Old school dungeon crawler ala Wizardry with a fantastic soundtrack and cartography.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Mario's Picross is the game I have probably played the most on my 3DS.

Ataribomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Oracle of Ages/Seasons is really good if you enjoyed Link's Awakening. There's also Shantae, which I enjoyed the hell out of and is great if you're looking for a challenging platformer. There's also the first Castlevania game up there which is great stuff, though the save-state thing really cuts into the difficulty.
Also I'm gonna throw my hat in towards Etrian Odyssey IV as well, since I was just playing it. I adore solid dungeon crawls, and I think the map-drawing mechanic really adds to the experience.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Take a look at these:

Shantae - A beloved cult classic with a Castlevania / Metroid like quality. Try looking this up for the original console online, I think you'll be shocked at the price the original cartridge is offered at. I've been playing this game, and it's fun and quite difficult!

Cave Story - A nice indie game that everyone should experience. If you want to be a cheapskate, you can get this game on PC for free.

Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Mini's March Again - It's similar to Lemmings. You can even make your own level creations, but good luck finding a friend to share your creations with. I can be one if you get the game. I've made some very hard levels.