Best TV for playing video games

najibu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By najibu

Need some suggestions here guys. I'm considering about buying a new tv. i'll be using it for watching tv but primarily will be used for games. Any recommendation on what brand/model I should get?  heard on the bombcast last week that the GB office is using a sharp aquos so I'm thinking of getting that. Good idea? No?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Daveyo520

One that you can see stuff on.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

A big one.

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Big_Rough

Cant forget 3D!!!!! it's the Future

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Samsung, then again those breaks down and it looks really 2d for the games and totally lousy for normal cable. I don't recommend a sony bravia 120hz, I own it and it looks great for blue ray especially the 120hz, looks sort of jaggyish for games and has input lag needs more colors. Toshiba which I also own 120hz, regza, way too grainy for blue ray, film grain is natural, however looks sharp for videogames, for watching tv there are many zoom options and no imput lag. Or simply any led would work great. Sharp looks too dull, it's not dynamic at all, it's too washed out and bright for blue ray, not sure about games. Panasonic leds are good, expensive, lcd looks lousy. Vierra for plasma looks good, however plasmas aren't great if you pause too often, you might get screen burn ins. LG, good hdtv, not enough greys since it's mostly black levels. Could use more color compared to the toshiba and not all LG panels are LGD which is 8 bit which means better colors. It's like a lottery, you hope you have the right video processor. It also has lip sync problems, it needs to be readjusted, unless you don't mind using a home theather system or getting someone from LG to use a controller and recalibrate the sound to match. Honestly there are no perfect hdtvs out there, I tried to find one, they all have strengths and weaknesses.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ch3burashka

The Talkradar podcast just had a TV guy explain some TV shit. He also wrote in the Gamesradar forums: 
http://gamesradar.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=79083&tstart=0

My general rule on buying anything is do some basic research and buy whatever is best smack-dab in the middle - not the cheap shit, nor the expensive extravagance.

najibu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By najibu

thanks for the pointers everyone! especially to HitmanAgent47 for that rather detailed guide. I was initially planning to get and lcd, but I migh just go ahead and buy an led.