Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

try this make a shortcut or go to my games then rightclick, look for compatibility tick box i left it on windows xp sp3. also you might have to turn on stereo mix in sound setting under recording right click, show disabled devices. hope it works for ya it did for me.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Hmm. Always worked fine for me so I don't know what to tell you.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Would you Kindly help this poor soul.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@raven10: I tried playing that game on pc for the first time years ago and I had a similar crashing problem, I could not get it going. I am finally playing it and I am well on my way to finishing it. Brad almost spoiled it for me too.

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@xxrangaxx: I'm assuming you are running win 7 or 8 so change the compatibility mode to Vista SP2 (XP will work but you won't get dx10 graphics). If you find you don't get sound effects in game go to your recording devices and enable Stereo Mix. They were the 2 issues I had with the game and now it runs perfectly.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

try this make a shortcut or go to my games then rightclick, look for compatibility tick box i left it on windows xp sp3. also you might have to turn on stereo mix in sound setting under recording right click, show disabled devices. hope it works for ya it did for me.

Basically that ^. If that doesnt work update your Video card drivers. Worse case up to old drivers. Issues go any deeper your prob up shit creek.

XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By XxRANGAxX

Would you Kindly help this poor soul.

@super2j said:

@raven10: I tried playing that game on pc for the first time years ago and I had a similar crashing problem, I could not get it going. I am finally playing it and I am well on my way to finishing it. Brad almost spoiled it for me too.

I like this, yes I was watching Infinite Spoilers and had to skip a few bits where brad was like "oh and like in bioshock 1 where blah blah blah"

Anyway y'all be happy to know I have find a fix, for me all I had to do was run in dx9 by adding -dx9 to launch options now i was really hoping to be able to play this game making it as best looking as possible but now i can run dx10 textures on it, can anyone tell me if there is that much of a great difference for bioshock 1 between dx9 and 10? If not no worries, if so, then can anyone help me with running it on 10? i know its a long shot and most likely wont happen but hey.

Also thank you very very much for all the help! Everyone!

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think this is the perfect time to recommend the PC gaming wiki. It's pretty useful and has helped me with problems in a good number of games, including the first BioShock.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By BaneFireLord

Here's another fix: Plug something into your microphone jack. Seriously. I had the exact same problem and for some reason that fixed it.