Braid. Yay or Nay?

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By AlexB

So i've been wanting a good game to pass the time by. I was considering purchasing Braid because people have been hyping it a lot. I tried the demo, and it was pretty average and i could see myself getting really frustrated. After reading the GB review they say the ending pay off and the story really make it worth purchasing. I didn't really read into the story, so.  This is where my question is. Is Braid really worth a purchase even though the demo was just kindof average. Is the story and gameplay that great? it's a pretty steep price tag, so i don't want to pay all that money and then just be sort of indifferent about the game. Am i going to be blown away? Anyone who owns the game or played the retail, i would appreciate your opinion.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shawn

From what I've seen (only the demo) it looks really good and a nice refresher from arcade shoot em ups

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Blu_Magic

I haven't played it yet. =(

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AlexB

i'm not so sure about replay value and how much i'm going to get out of it. If it was only 800 i would get it in heart beat, but the 1200 is making me question.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if you really want an experience then yes. If you just want 'fun' then no, I dont think its for you, especially from what I seeing your reaction about the demo.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlexB
Sentry said:
"Well if you really want an experience then yes. If you just want 'fun' then no, I dont think its for you, especially from what I seeing your reaction about the demo."
Well the thing is i really like the artstyle and i love puzzle games, my theory is that the demo might not do the game justice. I have enough 'fun' with Geometry Wars 2, so i am looking for something different.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Very much yay.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlexB
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Very much yay."
why is that?
dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By dj

Going on just the demo I would vote nay.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Homer

Super yay.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlexB

Why?

Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Dan

Everyone's going to tell you to buy it, but I'm going to say nay. I'm in the minority opinion though, so statistically speaking the odds are in your favour for liking it.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Bennyishere

I just finished the game, and I say YAY.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlexB said:
"Sentry said:
"Well if you really want an experience then yes. If you just want 'fun' then no, I dont think its for you, especially from what I seeing your reaction about the demo."
Well the thing is i really like the artstyle and i love puzzle games, my theory is that the demo might not do the game justice. I have enough 'fun' with Geometry Wars 2, so i am looking for something different."
Well, it really is a frustrating game, and more of an experience then a Geometry Wars kind of game where its more of a 'fun' game.