Breaking Bradborne!

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By wallofbricks

In which Brad must conquer the chalice dungeons to platinum Bloodborne.

Music:

Welcome To The Jungle (live) - Guns N' Roses

Consumite Furore (Phantasmagoria Main Theme) - Mark Selbert

Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti

Thunderstruck - 2Cellos

Clarinet Polka Yodel - Mary Schneider

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now we wait.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

"Phantasmagoria Main Theme"

Excellent.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fun fact: That version of Thunderstruck got screen time as part of ITV's Champions' League final coverage.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well done, awesome video. Looking forward to Brad going up against Abhorent and Bloodletting beast,

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragon_puncher: I actually found that boss harder than the Watchdog, but I was also using blades of mercy

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job with the video. That was fun to watch. The Rocky theme was great lol. The last episode of Breaking Bradborne was really good. I usually kind of just have it on while I'm doing something else, but I totally focused on that last episode.

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks!

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish someone would tell Jason how to pronounce "amygdala". It's not a made up word, it's a part of the brain central to memory and emotion.

It is the only thing I've ever seen Jason get wrong.

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You hunted" in that Shu video. Does Japanese usually borrow a lot of words from English?

I am wondering why that part would be in English, as well as being an English sentence that doesn't make sense. They obviously had another translation in the English version, and that version makes grammatical sense.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot said:

"You hunted" in that Shu video. Does Japanese usually borrow a lot of words from English?

I am wondering why that part would be in English, as well as being an English sentence that doesn't make sense. They obviously had another translation in the English version, and that version makes grammatical sense.

I know it's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread. Had this page bookmarked and thought it was for the Breaking Brad video. It's been too long since we had one of those. Wonder if he gave up after three?

Anyway, @honkalot, yes Japanese is actually littered with many foreign words, mostly from English. To be fair, English also borrows plenty of words from other languages, but Japanese has experienced fairly heavy western influence over the decades.

If you listen to a lot of Japanese speech, you may think you almost pick out English words here and there, and you would likely be correct. Some people call them "katakana words" or "nipponized words" -- Nippon (or Nihon) is the native word for Japan. They are often fairly mangled pronounciation of English words and written in Japanese katakana script (used mostly for foreign words but also for style, like in ads ). Katakana カタカナ vs Hirigana ひりがな. Then there is also Kanji 日本.

In Japan, English is somewhat fashionable. Think of the people you see running around with Chinese characters (Kanji) tattooed on them, but it's less douchey and more common in Japan. I'm not an expert or anything, and I've never been to Japan. I've just studied the language a little bit on my own. I believe it just looks cool to Japanese people to have the English pop up on screen. Also, I believe some amount of English is mandatory these days in Japanese schools, so they generally know more English than we do Japanese.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r3beld0gg: Thanks! :) I was genuinely curious, I haven't heard much spoken japanese but remember sometimes hear oddly familiar words thrown into the mix. That explains that!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That is a sweet video.