Callisto Protocol is better than Dead Space 3

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Callisto Protocol is better than Dead Space 3 (38 votes)

Yes 16%
No 55%
Maybe, there's something to it... 16%
Yes, and it's better than dead space 1 and 2 3%
No, it's barely a game and should not even be compared to good games like dead space 11%

Callisto protocol is getting a lot of heat. It's one of the few games I can type into Reddit and not find anyone strongly supporting. Is it so bad. Is it that type of bad that years later people say it's underrated. The same way people see a popular game and scream it's overrated. Will the grade curve like how you judge a great game harshly for any AAA nitpicks.

IS CALLISTO PROTOCOL JUST MISUNDERSTOOD.

Let me hear from fans, the two or three of you. Kidding.

• 
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

I saw a friend playing it and I think it looks pretty good. I have not actually played it myself but probably will fairly soon.

I think calling it "better" or "worse" than Dead Space just boils down into stupid system wars type bullshit, only this is between two fairly similar games, one focusing more on ranged combat than another. I also think Dead Space is probably the safer bet if you can only get one.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Definitely agree. Just doing this for fun. It's a silly thing when people are serious and just see slight close things come out around the same time and have to make one better than the other. I actually wanna see if this will be the first 100% poll since dead space has nostalgia and critical consensus for it vs what people see tons of issues with and has to climb a steep hill to get respect from.

Still a better comparable thing then the days of saying breath of the wild vs horizon zero dawn just because they came out around the same time and were both fine but people only wanted to justify owning one. XD.

But yeah, this is all in jest, though i do and am excited to hear someone argue for callisto being better somehow. Feel i only hear negatives about that game besides graphics, and it must have something going for it that fans notice. It sold well.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Dead Space 3 was a totally fine horror-ish shooter, it just wasn't a very good Dead Space game. It fell into the classic sequel trap of needing to go bigger and louder, but Dead Space was always at its best when it was small and quiet -- that's how you make the big loud moments really pop.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By AV_Gamer

I liked Dead Space 3, even though I thought it was the weakest of the three games. And the whole Moon plot twist was just silly, but in a fun way. Callisto Protocol seems to be a victim of it being compared to Dead Space too much, so people were quick to dismiss it when it wasn't like that game. This is understandable, since so much of the game was inspired by that game.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Castiel

Bad/lacking voting options so didn't vote.

Also doesn't matter if Callisto Protocol is better than DS 3 it's probably still worse than DS 1 and DS 2.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThePanzini

$70 for a 10 hour game is practically a death sentence, Callisto Protocol's melee/dodge mechanics have been wildly divisive which is pretty much the entire gameplay loop didn't help.

It's a game slightly different than people were expecting also with a few bugs at release, wom is gonna or has been very poor.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen people enjoy it, it looks fine just not hugely interesting, the combat mechanics are very repetitive and restrictive, there's not a lot of player agency and the characters are kind of annoying, they're planning on selling death animations in the season pass which is weird, both that they're advertising death animations and that this single player horror game has a season pass.

Dead Space 3 on the other hand i really enjoyed, DS2 was incredible it doesn't top that but 3 is a solid and fun action game, fans didn't appreciate the change in direction but i'm not really a horror guy, being able to craft my own stupidly powerful weapons was very rewarding.

If you go back and look at how Dead Space 3 was received that's generally how it is, that it loses some of the elements that make it Dead Space but that it's still a really good game, 8/10.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 24

Cannot say. Played DS3 a full decade ago, felt al'right about. As for CP, never gonna touch it.

It's rich for Mr. Schofield to think that he is "Mr. Dead Space" since he bugged off out of EA back in 2009 when those he "left behind" did refined Dead Space with the sequel.