Can't redeem Microsoft Points

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay so I bought 2,400 Microsoft points before they switched to real dollars and I have had the hardest time redeeming these codes. It was three 800 point cards. I have been able to redeem 2 of them, 1 a day due to some error on microsoft's end, but now when I try to redeem the third, I just keep getting an error message saying "try again later" or "this service is unavailable at this time". Am I just screwed over on my $10 or are other people having similar issues? Thanks

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

Is this on the console or online(Bowser)? If online just try again later, happened to me and i just tried again later.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Have you contacted customer support?

And you could only use them on Zune now. I think. Since that's the only place that accept points now.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

And you could only use them on Zune now. I think. Since that's the only place that accept points now.

Actually points cards SHOULD still work. When the switch first happened there was information put out that stated you could still use point cards and they would add the equivilent amount of your local currency into your account. Pretty sure nothings changed as far as that is concerned as I used a points card (800 points) I bought off amazon last week.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@holycrapitsadam: try again tomorrow to see if it works. If not I would call Microsoft support.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Why don't you try it through their website rather than on the xbox directly?

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have tried both through the website, the mobile website and through the Xbox for the past 3 days and still nothing. I guess I will just call Microsoft support . I just hate being put on hold for 30 minutes only to get "disconnected" and have to re-call and wait another 30 min. (This has been my experience with calling them)