Can you guys help me with my coursework?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ucankurbaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ucankurbaga

Hello guys,

I am a visitor of this website since and launch and follow it closely everyday. I wanted to ask your guys help to complete my coursework. I study Business Management and I have "Web Analytics" module. My objective is to create facebook page and fill with content and get 30 likes and analyze the user date to write report. I made a Tech related news website and shared bunch of news from various websites including Giantbomb and Tested.com.

I am not sure If I am allowed to share my facebook page link as it states in forum rules that "Posting advertisements of personal sites for personal gain is not allowed" But this is not really for profit or anything like that. I don't gain anything other then completing my coursework.

So before I share my facebook page link I want to ask your guys opinnion if I should ? ( don't want to be banned)

Normally I hate facebook but this is mandatory to complete my coursework to pass this module

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty

Your course requires you to get "likes" on Facebook?

wtf

ucankurbaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ucankurbaga

Well Like I said it is about Web Analytic and because of the popularity of Facebook we are looking on how Facebook Insights work and to get insights to function I need 30 likes to begin with. After that I analyze some data on Insights and write report about that.

Believe me, I had same reaction as you when I first heard this. :)

ucankurbaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ucankurbaga

aight guys forget it, I go my way, you go your way....

nivi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By nivi

It's more than a little ridiculous that this module requires you to get Facebook likes. The people who don't do it will gain nothing from doing it and the people who do will probably have done so in some creepy, shady way. You should probably talk to the people responsible for this course, because this seems super dumb.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By trace

A little late to the party here, but typically we try to discourage this sort of thing on the site, even if it's not for commercial gain. We'll let the occasional video game survey for a class slide if it's posted in a reasonable, well-explained manner that isn't spammy, but it's hard to do that with a Facebook page that just needs 30 likes. That starts to get into the whole "vote for this thing because I have a friend who wants to win a prize" category of thread, which is rarely (if ever) allowed.

Besides, getting 30 likes on a freshly-created page just to utilize Facebook Insight seems rather ill-conceived for course curriculum.