Can you tell what's different between these images?

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ezekiel
tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The direction the character is facing ?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

There camera is rotated and/or panned across the scene between each set of two images.

...Did I win?

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MattGiersoni

At first glance I did not notice anything, but I figured it had to be something with the graphics so when I really focused and tried to find something I think it's the missing chromatic aberation (or some other blur thingy)on 1 side of each picture? Might be just my mind playing tricks when I really try to find something. Frankly I don't mind stuff like this in games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Textures look a bit sharper/less blurry in the second pictures. Might be my eyes playing tricks though.

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By tatsuyarr

Is it a resolution difference ? The 1st picture of each set looks blurrier but maybe I'm imagining things ^^

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At a glance, I cannot.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Can't tell much difference in the third set, but regarding the first two sets, the second picture of each set appears to be a sharper image. If I had to venture a guess, the first images are using FXAA because it appears the whole screen is blurred ever so slightly. I could also be completely wrong and seeing things.

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Looks like CA to me - look at the light in the second set. Would also explain the perceived blurriness on the first pic of each set.

Eurobum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is it a different thing for all 3 sets of pictures?

1. In the first the door is blurry. (I always turn off all artificial blur.)

2. Don't notice anything. It really should help to have the same picture.

3. The edge of the yellow raincoat hood has a rainbow bloom.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to make it quick, and at first glance, it seems that the second picture of the first two sets are noticeably sharper than the first pictures. It becomes rather apparent when looking at peripheral details (eg the lock on the door in set one, or the pieces of paper with X marks on them in set two.) Set three seemed to be basically the same.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, other than the obvious character/camera position change, one picture in each set looks a little blurrier than the other.

I might be crazy but is there a slight curve to the blurry pictures? The blur is present in the pictures where the camera is at an angle rather than straight on, and the image in those pictures is sharper at the center than at the edges. It's like it's trying to mimic peripheral vision.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ezekiel

Thanks. Those are the responses I wanted. Yes, it's chromatic abberation. But blurriness is a good answer too. Feel free to keep replying and pretend you didn't see this post as you scrolled down to reply. It's helpful.