Can you wait for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S to be restocked?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Can you wait for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S to be restocked? (124 votes)

I can wait 73%
I can't wait and I want to buy one or both as soon as possible! 15%
Neither, I'm not interested with these two 13%

Hello

I've known that a lot of console gamers are really hyped up and want either the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X/S while both are having shortages on component suppliers plus COVID-19.

• 
w00master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm tired of fighting the scalpers. I'll just wait for them to be widely available. They will be eventually easily available to everyone, and right now there's not a single next-gen game (on either platform) that has me itching to switch over immediately.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tired of fighting the scalpers. I'll just wait for them to be widely available. They will be eventually easily available to everyone, and right now there's not a single next-gen game (on either platform) that has me itching to switch over immediately.

Yeah, I don't like scalpers.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to get a Digital PS5 through Best Buy, after being screwed around by a scalper on Kijiji.

Will wait out on a Series X for the time being.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I can get a ps5 I will. Not bothered and certainly won't pay more than retail. I went through hell getting a series x. Not doing thst for a ps5. Hopefully I can get one before God of War though.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can wait in part because I don't give a crap about scalpers, and also because I haven't really seen a need to get either for the time being. What I would play on them I can still play on my Pro and One X so, no rush.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jagerxbomb

I'll get a PS5 when they inevitably make a Pro version. I'm skipping XBox this gen since their stuff comes out on PC.

A couple PS4 exclusives came to PC eventually, if that becomes more common then I'll skip PS5 too.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can wait about 3 years

pudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s no real need to wait for PS5’s here in the UK if you’re prepared to put a bit of effort in.

Keep monitoring social media / YouTube (I highly recommend MSTV) and you’ll pick one up.

I got 1 from Argos last week and have just got another for my brother an hour ago from Very.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I will probably pick one up in a year or 2 when they both become widely available, and gives me time to save up. Also, see what console shakes out towards my interests / leader and hopefully a deal on it, even if $50 or $100 off.

I heard that there are really no crazy must-have games out for each console yet either which makes the “forced” waiting even easier.

ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll get a PS5 when they inevitably make a Pro version. I'm skipping XBox this gen since their stuff comes out on PC.

A couple PS4 exclusives came to PC eventually, if that becomes more common then I'll skip PS5 too.

yep, i'm pretty much in the exact same position here. still have a PS4 pro on a nice 4K TV, so i'm set there for a while

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes- allowing the hype train to pass and waiting to buy a ps4 several years after launch was a tremendously positive experience. bugs get worked out, hardware gets revised, and game prices drop accordingly.

if i was a big multiplayer fella i might have more incentive to 'get-in' while a community is active...but such as it is i'm not, so i'm quite happy to wait for the platform to mature.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By liquiddragon

At least atm, both of the consoles are a great deal if you didn't own their respective predecessors because of BC and the performance benefits on a lot of last gen games. If you missed out on the exclusives for the otherside, there is a lot there to dig into. But if you're going from PS4 to PS5 or from XB1 to XBS, there just isn't enough there so waiting is not only not a bad idea but a good idea.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still thinking about getting a PS5 once Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West gets a formal launch date. But until then, no problems waiting. I've never really been one that has to "GET IT/SEE IT LAUNCH DAY" -- I think the only times I've done that are if I'm with a bunch of friends, so, it's less about the item and more about the shared experience.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@pudking said:

There’s no real need to wait for PS5’s here in the UK if you’re prepared to put a bit of effort in.

Keep monitoring social media / YouTube (I highly recommend MSTV) and you’ll pick one up.

I got 1 from Argos last week and have just got another for my brother an hour ago from Very.

It's the same in the US. I got myself one on launch day, and then in December and January I got three more for my brother, my girlfriend, and my girlfriend's sister.

If someone actually wants one, they're out there; they just need to put in more than a minimal amount of effort to get one before giving up and complaining.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Even before it became evident the supply was constrained I was always going to wait until holiday 2021 to pick up a PS5. I have a backlog of games on the PS4, and these days there are never any must plays at launch and by the time around the 1 year anniversary of the consoles passes we'll have just started to see some stuff that's worthwhile (either exclusive or hamstrung enough on previous-gen that it doesn't make sense to play there). If this supply problem persists to the point where it's just as difficult to get one of these things then as it is now I may even wait until spring 2022. From what I see out there and hear on the Bombcast it looks like 2021 will be a light year for big games due to the pandemics effect on development so I may not be missing out on much if I wait a little longer.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks at upcoming release schedule: Nope, I'm good until the pro systems drop.

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

There's no need to get any of them now, there are no games for them.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldenglishc: Rowsdowermobile, away!

Anyway, as a PC & Switch owner player I'm not too worried about the major consoles.
I wanted a PS5 at first but quickly realized I didn't care for any of the (few) games enough
and judging by how it's going I can probably survive waiting for a Pro or a 6.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mackdack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a series X and I was just playing older games on it. I am back gaming mostly on my PC. A PS5 would be wasted on me with the lack of games at this point.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, the PS5 failure rate has me thinking the stock levels are a blessing in disguise.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...maybe next year... ...maybe in 2023... ...then again, that's the advantage of having a good (OK, great) PC and not really caring that much about playing the hot exclusive game until a couple of years after release...

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Between rumors of weird hard drive and joystick issues, I'm getting more and more fine waiting until perhaps this coming holiday season - especially since the only thing I'm really itching to do with the console is replay God of War, Spider-Man and Last of Us Part II...

I think I'll be targeting Horizon: Forbidden West as my PS5 pairing if anything.

Birtrum_Yonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Birtrum_Yonce

These consoles have no value to me if I can't use them to play Max Payne 3

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I am waiting for a revision of the PS5 that ditches the popped collar/fins.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Where's "already have both" option? I had to get them, because I like videogames.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman: I intended to ask those who don't have PS5 and Xbox Series X yet.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

unclematt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait until I can walk into a store, pick one up, pay and go home.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a PS5, but not enough to pay astronomical prices for one. I have no problem waiting until it's in stock, and maybe in the meantime an actual game library will appear.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they’re getting easier to grab with each following week. I’m on my 3rd PS5 purchase now.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good unless my 2080 Ti dies (though I'm still within Asus' warranty period), but I can go back to 1080p with my old GTX 1060. That, and I'm in the mood for older games and consoles anyways.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I plan to wait in fact. Normally it doesn't matter I just buy a launch system, but I have so much going on now and I do have a ton of games to play on my PS4 Pro. In fact I'd rather just wait for the PS5 NVMe SSD options to mature. I'd want to be able to easily buy a 6TB drive that will fit before I even think about a PS5...cost isn't the issue it really just is having good options for storage. If such a drive is $600- that is fine.