Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Capcom's boss, Inafune- san had this to say recently regarding the 360:

'I think I can only get away with saying this now, but I really thought that the using the Xbox 360 was only way to break into overseas markets, and I took that hypothesis all the way. In the end, I am very happy that I did so.'

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Manachild

i can totally understand that train of thought and respect it :)

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I would agree with him.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Well they've made almost all their games this gen multiplatform on the 360 too so...I would assume they saw its potential a while ago.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Square doing the same thing, why do you think Star Ocean is exclusive to the 360.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By penguindust
Kou_Leifoh said:
"Square doing the same thing, why do you think Star Ocean is exclusive to the 360."
Does that mean we can expect Eidos game exclusives on the 360 soon?

I think it also helps that Capcom had two hits out and in the hands of a half million (or more) Xbox 360 owners before the PS3 was widely available.  Dead Rising came out before the PS3 hit market and Lost Planet came out that holiday when PS3s were impossible to find (remember them selling for 2 grand on Ebay?).  As far as Capcom is concerned, I think the Xbox coming out a year earlier was a good idea.
KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By KindGalaxy
Kou_Leifoh said:
"Square doing the same thing, why do you think Star Ocean is exclusive to the 360."
No offense, but fuck off with that train of thought.
A: We're not talking about Square
B: We're not talking about Exclusives to 360.

If you read the quote; it is a clear analogy that to progress in the West, Capcom perceived the requirement of developing onto the 360 console. Capcom's games are not exclusive; they are multiplatform; why? Because PS3/Wii dominates the local market, 360 dominated the foreign market. Not because your doo-rag console has some higher benefit, but because it makes commercial sense to reach as many consumers as possible, more so now in today's economic climate than ever before.
Galrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Galrick
Linkyshinks said:
"Capcom's boss, Inafune- san had this to say recently regarding the 360:

'I think I can only get away with saying this now, but I really thought that the using the Xbox 360 was only way to break into overseas markets, and I took that hypothesis all the way. In the end, I am very happy that I did so.'

"
It's a little obvious isn't it? "Hum... what to do to break on the American market? Tonkinoise soup or burger?" I mean, come on...

I think the real interesting part of this interview was when he mentionned that it was hard to go against the general consensus and trust Microsoft instead of snubbing them. It says a lot about the Asian market and on how they perceive the American and European market.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

Galrick said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"Capcom's boss, Inafune- san had this to say recently regarding the 360:

"
It's a little obvious isn't it? "Hum... what to do to break on the American market? Tonkinoise soup or burger?" I mean, come on...I think the real interesting part of this interview was when he mentionned that it was hard to go against the general consensus and trust Microsoft instead of snubbing them. It says a lot about the Asian market and on how they perceive the American and European market."

Of course it's obvious, many have known it's the key for many Japanese developers into the western market. The reason why I posted this quote specifically is that this is the first clear admission, and from the highest Capcom representative there is.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

I don't really find it surprising that a company would want to work with the X360 if they want to broaden their Western market/appeal...that's where the X360 thrives.