Cards Against Humanity Holiday BS Puzzle

Avatar image for putalittleenglishonit
PutALittleEnglishOnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It must be something within what they sent us, or else why would they tell us not to throw anything away, it may or may not be cipher related but it most certainly is related to the envelopes and their contents in some way.

And for all those people who keep saying you can solve this even if you didn't buy, they must be wrong as I have not read that anywhere from CAH only from people in forums and based on the above info we must need what they sent us to solve it therefor we must need to purchase or know someone who did in order to solve it.

ErkMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just do not see what else it could be besides the lights... because it said it was hidden across the 12 gifts right unless it had something to do with the random gifts we got that had nothing to really do with CAH.

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Quick question: Is anyone else missing one or more "gifts?" I still havent gotten day 9. Im in the US and got all the other ones.

kiapurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#304  Edited By kiapurity

I finally got my missing envelopes. I just saw the tumblr post from CAH guys who said that there's definitely a puzzle and that the cipher does explain it-- that it's still the damn envelopes.

(And that no one's solved it yet so far)

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

I finished getting all my envelopes yesterday and I've been trying to see if there are hidden letters in the pictures that would make a URL or something. I also have a friend who has been tirelessly working to see if there is a code in the lights. Some way or another this thing'll get solved.

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By Chtasm

Quick question: Is anyone else missing one or more "gifts?" I still havent gotten day 9. Im in the US and got all the other ones.

Me too, same day. West coaster, US here.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Canada, I still only have envelopes 3,6,8. Kind of sucks, but I am being patient.

crazynick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity did everyone receive 3 pieces of coal?

timE1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity did everyone receive 3 pieces of coal?

Indeed I did.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazynick: Yes I did

After reading through a bunch of stuff on reddit and looking at my own envelopes it seems as though everyone's time stamps on the back of the envelope in the lower left are identical. I am assuming that this is merely a post office thing but one can never be so sure with CAH. Maybe it's something to look deeper into. Too late to try and think too hard about it now.

PutALittleEnglishOnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myself and my girlfriend had some ideas about the possible Roman Numerals found on some of the dioramas and some of the envelopes etc and how they may relate to solving part of the puzzle.

I wrote a whole piece about it very detailed on my blog, http://www.paleoi.com/F (click skip ad top right hand corner to get right to my blog post).

Perhaps the ramblings I jotted down and calculations I did may be of use to someone, or they may end up being utter nonsense and a wild Goose chase.

We have all but the Day 6 envelope, so there may be some spoilers mentioned or hinted at somewhere in the text I wrote even though I didn't outright mention what comes in any envelope etc, so if you don't want to know about stuff you haven't seen yet then don't read it until you have received everything).

Hope its ok that I linked to my blog, just didn't feel like copying it all into here and rewording bits since it was written for my blog.

Thanks and hope it helps someone progress, as at this point I would like to see some progression with solving this even if it is not me that wins lol.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried using the same cipher on anything else related to the gifts? For me, it has all been nonsense but maybe someone else can see something I can't.

misswench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about the picture puns??? I feel like they play into this

timE1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lava said:

@crazynick: Yes I did

After reading through a bunch of stuff on reddit and looking at my own envelopes it seems as though everyone's time stamps on the back of the envelope in the lower left are identical. I am assuming that this is merely a post office thing but one can never be so sure with CAH. Maybe it's something to look deeper into. Too late to try and think too hard about it now.

Definitely this. It has been confirmed by Redditors that this has been done by CAH and PRIOR to sealing the envelopes. There is almost undoubtedly something here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/holidaybullshit/comments/1u20x0/possible_new_theory_need_confirmation/

Kinkie_Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone on Reddit figured out the first clue. It's a website hidden in the envelope pictures.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reddit is going crazy. Some guy claims that Max told him not to say anything and some messages got deleted. Something about a URL and maybe a BBS? Trying to follow everything that is going on is crazy. I think until Max says something we have to assume everything is still up in the air.

misswench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any sections of lights on the envelopes that match up???

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got my Day 9 today. Turns out it was delivered to the wrong address and re-routed back to my house. I laugh because the envelope has 9 voluptuous dancing women on it and I can only wonder what the original recipient thought my mail was.

PutALittleEnglishOnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone else noticed the orange colored barcode on the back of a few of the envelopes, not sure if its anything but you would think that a mailing getting barcoded would be done exactly the same for each but i see some from MA and some from CA with this orange barcode and I see others without it, specifically 6, 7, 11 and 12 have it the rest don't does anyone elses match? or are they all random and probably mean nothing.

I like the ideas of something spelling out a site or youtube url or something, possibly using the letters or numbers found on the envelopes within the pictures, or videos, or even the time stamps on the back which many people claim are not needed not real and were added by CAH so could be part of the puzzle.

Whats this about a website posted on reddit? anyone have more info on this and what it was all about or anything?

PutALittleEnglishOnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the people posting on reddit are all currently about the possibilities of the numbers on the time stamp being translated through flag semaphore into FEEL FOR GREEN and various theories on what that means to do with the donors envelope, or green lights, or somehow translating green lights into braille and other stuff.

Also a winning looking page that requires some clues to be entered in order to win, http://butbeforeikillyoumrbondimustshowyouthetruemeaningofchristmas.com/

Two 11 character clues that led you to the page are required but where we get them from I don't know.

Some info being discussed here among other threads http://www.reddit.com/r/holidaybullshit/comments/1u6nkg/two_11_character_clues_and_what_the_url_means/

DrCripto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there might be something in the day 10 envelope

The letter from Jordano has some spelling mistakes. I don't know if a real kid wrote it or the CAH guys wrote it and included some clues in the letter.

Gorilla_Corn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just going over all of my gifts, when on the back of one of the posters (getting really high) I noticed what appears to be little lines of what could be text, but I can't make anything out. Has anybody else come across this? Or maybe the drawer I was holding everything in rubbed something off onto the poster?

Gorilla_Corn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also feel like the lights have a major part to do with solving this puzzle, seeing as how if you go to that win page, there are lights all over the page. Only four colors though, which I feel would cancel the thought that there are five colors. Did anybody ever come up with some cypher or something for those lights?

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#325  Edited By Brackynews
Geveeso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brackynews: The Black Monolith was my favorite gaming experience of 2012.

Let's get Reddit and Giant Bomb together on this. If that requires me being an intermediary, so be it.

Gorilla_Corn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geveeso: I feel like that's probably the best idea. I got really deep into the Reddit conversations yesterday and I think alot of those guys have some good ideas.

ossuary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just received two of my gifts TODAY (fuck you, Canada Post). Sadly, one of those two gifts was gift number 1, so I just now found out about the puzzle. Took me about 20 minutes to solve the cipher, then I started cursing non-stop, since I'd already damaged and thrown out three of my other envelopes. And I'm still missing 2 gifts. I'll probably never get the lump of coal, which would have been hilarious. (fuck YOU, Canada Customs.)

Gorilla_Corn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ossuary: I'm still waiting on my day 12, which in my opinion is the best gift.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, some of the people are really into breaking the code. I'll just wait until it is cracked but it better not be "be sure to drink your ovaltine".

misswench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By misswench
studioerebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So I still haven't gotten day 12, I'm thinking I'm never getting it. Anyone else still missing any days?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Still missing several days. The whole thing was a huge bummer given how poorly the shipping went and how each thing was just cards. Thanks to sites like lootcrate.com I was expecting something cool and random.

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have gotten all of the gifts but has anyone solved the puzzle yet?

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still havent gotten Day 9. There was an email on the FAQ about missing days, I havent heard from them yet.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By chiablo

I have a feeling that if nobody's figured it out by now, it'll go unsolved until they drop some pretty major hints. When Valve does an ARG (like the Portal 2 stuff) it got solved pretty quickly because it was open to everyone, by restricting the audience to 100,000 people, the pool of dedicated people is much smaller.

crazynick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have any updates about this? It doesn't appear that anyone has solved it yet

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#338  Edited By Hailinel

Probably the most CAH-appropriate result that could possibly come from this is if it's revealed that there was never a solution to the puzzle in the first place.

misswench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Some people had said that and CAH has said on multiple occasions that yes there is a puzzle. Sooo unless they are outright lying to us..

vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CAH posted a new hint today.

http://cah.tumblr.com/post/75534748661/one-last-bit-of-holiday-bullshit#notes

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points