Changes to the Giant Bombcast on iTunes Due to Subscriptions?

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By EmuLeader

I rarely have time to just sit at my computer and just listen to the Giant Bombcast, so i usually just stick with downloading it via iTunes and listen with my headphones or in my car.  If the only way to hear the full Bombcast the day it is released is to have a subscription, what does that mean for the the podcasts downloaded from iTunes?  If I pay for the subscription, is there a way i can still get the full version right away?  At the very least, I assume it will just be fully released a week later to correspond with the free release to nonmembers, but I would like it to be available up to date if a big part of subscribing is to receive this very feature from the site.  What is the future of the Giant Bombcast on iTunes?

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EmuLeader

I rarely have time to just sit at my computer and just listen to the Giant Bombcast, so i usually just stick with downloading it via iTunes and listen with my headphones or in my car.  If the only way to hear the full Bombcast the day it is released is to have a subscription, what does that mean for the the podcasts downloaded from iTunes?  If I pay for the subscription, is there a way i can still get the full version right away?  At the very least, I assume it will just be fully released a week later to correspond with the free release to nonmembers, but I would like it to be available up to date if a big part of subscribing is to receive this very feature from the site.  What is the future of the Giant Bombcast on iTunes?

Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Immuniity

This is the exact situation im in. I'd really like to hear an answer. 

I dont look forward to getting one hour on itunes and having to manually find the second hour here.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cooljammer00

Apparently the full Bombcast will be retrieved via a members only RSS feed of some sort.  I guess it'll change each month?  

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

They are setting up multiple RSS Feeds for all the different ways that people would want to get the Bombcast. Dave talked about four different ones on the recent podcast.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Bones8677

I would also like to know this. I think how it's gonna work on itunes is on Tuesday we'll get Giant Bombcast episode 150- A, and then the next Tuesday we'll get Giant Bombcast episode 150-B, then Giant Bombcast Episode 151-A on the same day, and so on. It's so needlessly annoying.

napalmtrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By napalmtrees

You can download podcasts from password protected RSS feeds through iTunes.  You just have to add the URL and then type in your username and password.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Nah, splitting the Bombcast won't go far, trust me. GB and WM don't want to fuck up their hard work and of course there will be 5k who subscribe, if there isn't there will be a HUGE outrage like there is now on the forums and they'll have to change it. I think this is the only time GB has actually pissed me off, and I was most definitely going to get the sub, but saw the annual price and it just wasn't going to happen.