Console Headsets! Which one is worth my time.

BakedBeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I will start this by saying I would like to go wireless if at all possible. I primarily game in my game room and don't want cords running to the console. Also, my son/dog will be in and out at times causing a trip issue. I have had a pair of the ASTRO A50's and I found them heavy and uncomfortable. I don't like my ears to get hot when i am playing so yeah the cooler the better. I have been reading up and people are saying the Hyper Cloud X II's are very good and a decent price but i wanted to have the duders weigh in on this topic. What do you guys use and what have you heard. I will be using these for my XO/PS4 only and will also use on the PS VR.

Thanks!

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RalphMoustaccio

I own the Hyper X Cloud II. They are ridiculously comfortable, and sound reasonably good for the price, but they might cause a bit of ear warmth. They do come with two different ear pads that can be swapped out, one of which is a felt-like material, which I find cooler (temp wise) and more comfortable than the vinyl ones that come pre-installed. What console do you intend to use them with? They're not wireless, but if it's XB1 or PS4, both have 3.5" jacks in the controllers, so there should be no problem with the wire to the headset running from the cable to the headset, from the standpoint of a tripping hazard.

Edit: It might be worth checking out the regular Hyper X Cloud, as opposed to the II, if you're only planning to use them for console use. The only significant difference is that the Cloud II comes with a USB sound processor that does fairly middling simulated 7.1 surround, which the headset plugs into. I am fairly sure that would only work on PC. I ended up buying it instead of the standard Cloud set because the added length of the USB adapter was more comfortable instead of having a rather short lead going to the front headphone and mic jacks on my computer.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Franstone

I've got the Cloud X II as well, no complaints, fairly light and comfortable. Like Ralph said, the cups that can be swapped out which I believe are velour, seem cooler and you get less of that ear sweat pleather effect.