Cooperative Games (online): What are the most popular?

sofakng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sofakng

I really enjoy cooperative games regardless of the platform and I'm happy to see that more and more of them are being released.  It seems like just a few years ago that almost no games featured cooperative play or if they did it was very minor or local-only (eg. not online).

Anyways, I'm wondering what the current most popular online cooperative games are for all platforms (PC + 360/PS3)...

The most obvious answer is probably Left 4 Dead so please don't mention that one :)

Also, I'm not really interested in team games (eg. RTS where you play on a team [unless you're both cooperatively playing one single civilization, etc]) but real cooperative games.  However, I'd consider games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance to be real cooperative games.

For example, Resistance 2 I've heard has good cooperative gameplay but I'm not sure how popular it is.

So... what are the current [i]most popular[/i] cooperative games?

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Don't get Resistance 2, the Co-op is just tacked on and isn't fun.

On a side note: I don't get why some games ONLY have online co-op and not splitscreen, it makes me sad. D:

As for some recent co-op games I've played...
L4D and Killing Floor are two co-op zombie shooters...for console I can't say much..maybe Army of Two or RE5?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

I know that a lot of my friends still play RE5 co-op, although I got bored of it after 2 playthroughs, a lot of people seem not to. Along with the campaign co-op, there's also Mercenaries mode, which is sort of "kill as many zombies as you can....cooperatively"

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pweidman

Co-op in RE5 and Gears 2  is great, RB6:Vegas1&2 are both very fun co-op games, and Halo games are all great fun played cooperatively.  The co-op collections for GRAW 2 were all pretty fun also.  And I agree, I think co-op stuff is the most fun in general, at least as far as mp goes.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By thecleric

I don't know how popular it is, but my god

Saints Row 2 co-op is superb.

retwakm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By retwakm
@sofakng said:
" I really enjoy cooperative games regardless of the platform and I'm happy to see that more and more of them are being released.  It seems like just a few years ago that almost no games featured cooperative play or if they did it was very minor or local-only (eg. not online).Anyways, I'm wondering what the current most popular online cooperative games are for all platforms (PC + 360/PS3)...The most obvious answer is probably Left 4 Dead so please don't mention that one :)Also, I'm not really interested in team games (eg. RTS where you play on a team [unless you're both cooperatively playing one single civilization, etc]) but real cooperative games.  However, I'd consider games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance to be real cooperative games.For example, Resistance 2 I've heard has good cooperative gameplay but I'm not sure how popular it is.So... what are the current [i]most popular[/i] cooperative games? "
ive heard left 4 dead is quite popular since it is like co-op only. anyway super fun but probobly not worth all the money
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bubahula

gears 2

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spike94
@TheMustacheHero said:
"Don't get Resistance 2, the Co-op is just tacked on and isn't fun.On a side note: I don't get why some games ONLY have online co-op and not splitscreen, it makes me sad. D:As for some recent co-op games I've played... L4D and Killing Floor are two co-op zombie shooters...for console I can't say much..maybe Army of Two or RE5?"

I must disagree. I have never played co-op online, but have played offline co-op and it is joyously fun (for R2).