#1 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

Hey guys,

A few days ago, I officially became an indie developer. I got a response from the government acknowledging that my friend and I had formed a business. We are now Cosmitronique Studios. As some of you might know, we've been hard at work on our first game, 'Sleepless', for a few months now. These are super exciting times for me. I'm not really expecting to make any money off my games though. My friend and I both think that making games is the best way for us to express ourselves artistically. Although the ability to make a living from this wouldn't hurt either. I'll continue to keep Giant Bomb posted about the development of the game, if anyone is interested. There actually might be a trailer coming up. Anywho, I just wanted to share.

#2 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3067 posts) -

Congratulations! Always cool to hear about other indie developers on the site.

#3 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

That's really good news for you and your friend. Congratulations. =] I've followed you so I can keep up with whatever news you have or experiences you might share. Good luck. =]

#4 Posted by Khann (2890 posts) -

Sort a website out.

#5 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

I am not convinced, could someone get Alex to confirm this?

#6 Posted by Korolev (1715 posts) -

Wish you guys all the best! Hope you make something awesome. We could do with a few more awesome games!

#7 Posted by FLStyle (4783 posts) -

There's a big difference between claiming that you're an indie developer and being an indie developer.

When I see the official website and game I'll believe you.

#8 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

@Khann: Yeah we're working on it.

#9 Posted by DonutFever (3554 posts) -

Nice! Can you say what genre it is?

#10 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Sounds cool, good luck!

#11 Posted by FLStyle (4783 posts) -

@superpow: Cool, I'll keep an eye out.

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

The name is catchy.

#13 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

@DonutFever: It's an adventure game.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (15029 posts) -

Do everything you can do get included in the Humble Indie bundle an then cackle as all your money trucks come backing up to your house. Seriously, those things make TONS of money. =p

#15 Posted by D_W (1182 posts) -

Good luck!

#16 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

@Demoskinos: Yeah that'd be awesome, but my first goal is just to get the game out in the first place.