CrackDown, Metro or Farcry

InStInCt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I might not be alone to feel like i need something new to play
And there are 3 New Games coming out This Friday the 15th : Crackdown, Metro and Farcry

So i thought that i would leave this post here for people to recommend me, Which should i purchase ?

Thanks !

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hard to tell until they're all out, but based on track records I'd go for Far Cry if I had to choose just one. Hope it's good!

lifejuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should you buy Crackdown 3 for $60? No.

However there is a sale going on for game pass ($2 for 2 months). It's bland, but I think it's worth that price if you're curious.

DodoBasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It honestly sounds like Metro might be the only one offering anything potentially interesting, even if it might be less polished than say, Farcry. However, if polished shooter is what you want, you could play Apex Legends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metro being the save choice, Far Cry seems more of the same and Crackdown rough all around.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm not going to play any of these, but Metro I find the most interesting for sure.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I’m most interested in Crackdown, though it’ll probably be the least well-received of the bunch.

I burned out in Metro in the first game. I loved it until it just felt too oppressive and I quit.

I still have a wrapped copy of Far Cry 4 (yes, 4) from launch...so I’ll probably not play this one for a while.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I think I'll spend an hour or two with Crackdown just to jump around and blow stuff up and then transition into Metro. It might be a bit too early for me to enjoy another Far Cry.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go Metro + game pass, but I didn't like FC5 much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I went with Metro. Enjoying it so far, will put some more time in this evening.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skipping all of them myself but if I had to play one it'd definitely be Metro.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By BigBoss1911

Metro absolutely. It's best to just pretend crackdown never existed. Let it die miserably.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deathstriker

Anthem is out today if you have EA access. I'll probably buy Anthem. I'll rent Metro. Crackdown and Far Cry look crappy so I'll skip them.

If someone is dying to play Crackdown 3 then they should probably just get Game Pass.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come to think I like game-ass games rather than esoteric experiences so I'd go with Far Cry as I honestly enjoyed what I played of 5.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

stabfreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stabfreely

I just got Farcry 5 for $15 on the lunar sale....and at that its a bargain. As much as I would like to dive right into Dawn , I do not think it is worth $40...I would say wait until its $20. Anyway I would go with Dawn....

I have the first Metro un played in my Steam library....

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy choice is Metro, the Far Cry games are good but if you've played any of them since 3 then you aren't really missing out on anything. Crackdown doesn't seem terrible but just kinda seems...irrelevant, especially in a post Saints Row 4 world.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

Metro sounds like the most interesting to me, but everything I've heard about the game so far has been overwhelmingly lukewarm. Far Cry is more Far Cry and Crackdown looks like it already belongs in a bargain bin.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By BoboBones

Loved Far Cry 4, but was done with the series after that, and my exitment for Metro faded completely. The buy two get one free offer at Target included some pre orders, so I decided to put my money on DMC, Sekiro, and Steins Gate Elite.

I played and enjoyed both Metro games, but I really wanted something new and different. Steins Gate is totally out of my comfort zone, so I went for that.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose far cry and got crackdown on gamepass. I'm looking forward to metro as well but reviews made it sound super janky and I'm also betting that goes on sale before far cry

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'd vote none myself

but if forced to pick from those 3... Metro seems the most interesting to me, at least it's trying something different.

Far Cry is very formulaic these days and Crackdown looks terrible.

chaoskiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you really want one of the 3, I'd recommend you not getting Crackdown 3. It's fine if it's on your game pass, but it feels old. It's basically Crackdown 1, but it looks better. Given the agility powers, I like it, but I think Saint's Row 3/4 are better.

chazzi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Whatever you do do not buy Crackdown 3...if you want to play it, sign up for Game Pass for $10 and try it out that way, no reason at all to pay full price (even sale) for the game...