Destiny is my most anticipated game at E3!

IIDrltaSNAKEII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think when you mention best video game developers Bungie has to be top 5 or 10. This is the company that help popularize the first person genre on consoles.They also popularized online co-op with all of their games offering co-op and multiplayer. Till this day i think the Halo series has the best video game soundtrack in video games. So Bungie is a very credible developer. So why do i think Destiny is my game of E3 in comparison to Titan fall? I'm going to list 5 reasons.

1.Campaign

Now for you that don't know,Titan fall has no campaign....That's right! No campaign. Do you know the opportunity this campaign could have! They made this game less of it's value for that. Instead they want to incorporate a story in the multiplayer we've seen games do this and it hasn't worked at all. It's always half ass and you really don't feel immersed . Destiny however actually has a campaign because that's what the majority of gamers buy games for. To experience a story and be more immersed in the world. Knowing Bungie the story is going to be GOOD! Not to mention the game is going to be hard because we all know how hard the Halo series was on Legendary!

2.Co-op

Thats right! You can play the campaign with your own fire squad(7 members). Nothings better then experiencing a campaign with friends.OH... Did i forget to mention Titian fall doesn't have campaign.

3. Customization/weapons

In Destiny you can get unique items that no one can get. The gun grows the way you want it to be. You can customize any part of your armor and actually effects the way you play. Not to mention the game looks to have way better looking and cooler guns. With beast ass names like Thunder Lord. This game looks to be a cross of Fire fly, Mass effect, Halo, and borderlands. Forgot to mention you can play as a alien.

4. More immersed world.

Bungie said this world is massive! Your going to experience a game that's as big as a mmo and plays like a FPS and is going to have a really good story. Not to mention if your playing solo or even co-op with your fire team. Your going to bump into other fire teams in public events seamlessly to earn unique loot. OH..did i mention titan fall doesn't have loot. Instead of being a regular military game that every one has seen but with mecs. Bungie is being unique and is actually pushing new things that we have not seen. With Marty O'Donnell with his musical genius working on this game the music is going to draw you in like in the Halo series.

5.F******* powers!

Yea....

6. Multiplayer, if they have(bonus)

The first 3 Halos had the best multiplayer experience i had. Halo 3 by far had the best ranking system I've seen in multiplayer. Yea... I still think bungie didn't make Halo Reach but thats a different topic. If Destiny has multiplayer.... It's quiet for titan fall.

Thats all for my list. It may seem like i hate titan fall, i dont. I'm just saying how destiny seems more worthy for my money.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna get Destiny and be a spacewizard

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

Same. The look of the game, the scope they're aiming for the with multiplayer, the classes, the loot, Peter Dinklage, all of it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks like this was pushed back to June 2014 for release. Or at least according to Amazon.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DonPixel

I've seen a lot of peeps comparing Titan Fall and Destiny, which seems kinda dumb.. other than both being Sci Fi shooters, the lore and gameplay diferences seem substantial.

Said so, It will come down to taste: I've never been a fan of COD frentic fast gameplay, I prefer borderlands RPG elements, So yeah I'm very pump for Destiny.

Immunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Honestly, not really feeling it from Destiny. It looks very "borderlandsy" and as much as I've tried, I just haven't been able to have fun with borderlands. It's one of those franchises that people love, that I just cant seem to enjoy. On the other hand, Titan Fall looks really fun. But like @donpixel said, the two can't be compared. Both are first person shooters, but have vastly different approaches to gameplay. Having the argument that one is better than the other is pointless. At least until they both come out anyway.

I will say that Destiny's story and world had me excited before I saw the gameplay at E3.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I've been sick and tired of FPS games for a really long time, and honestly Titanfall makes my old man bones shake with preemptive exhaustion. I really didn't think I'd give a shit about Destiny but the world and weapons won me over. I will be picking it up, no doubt.

Avatar image for brittanygresang
BrittanyGresang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BrittanyGresang

I don't see the need to compare one vs the other and say that one is better than the other. But if I was to compare Destiny to anything it would be Halo. That's what it looks like to me. And I'm okay with that.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny's a deep as shit scifi lootgame FPS romp with aliens, design and presentation that even in still images speaks a lot of words to me.

Titanfall's a few years into the future oscarmike FPS. Love all the MW2 quality IW I see in everything gameplay but it's not even the same genre as Destiny to me.

Destiny needs sweet AI and replay-value.

Titanfall will be jump in and play.

I'm going to have to at least try both.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate FPS. The last one I love was the original CS. With that being said space warlock here I come!

Not feeling it from Titanfall, look like the same FPS crap I have hated for the last 8 years.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall and Destiny, while both shooters, are very different games. I wouldn't compare them.

That said, Destiny has me on the edge of my seat. If it's like they claim, where the campaign, story, and world are affected by cumulative player action, then... That'll be pretty cool.

I also would love to see more unique, one-of-a-kind weapons. It bothers me in games, MMOs specifically, when there's some legendary, ultimate weapon... and 10,000 people have it.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@clonedzero said:

I'm gonna get Destiny and be a spacewizard

I'm going to get Destiny and become an Egyptian Space Wizard.

No Caption Provided

IIDrltaSNAKEII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IIDrltaSNAKEII

@donpixel: @brittanygresang: @itwongo: Im not comparing them! If you read the title im saying why its my most anticipated game from E3. Im not saying that Destiny has better combat or better gameplay etc... Im saying the reasons why i think Destiny is my most anticipated game of E3. Itwong if you read my comment again i said that people will have unique weapons that only you will have and unique items. So again im not comparing them just stating why im more excited for Destiny.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I had no interest in Destiny before E3. Space Boarderlands with way more players is enough to get me hyped.

Also Titanfall looks like Starhawk with less players and less vehicles.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By veektarius

The reason that people will inevitably compare Destiny and Titanfall isn't because they mistake them for the same game. It's actually a logical comparison to make for people trying to justify an early decision to go with the PS4 over the Xbox. If they can convince themselves that the games are in some way equivalent and that Destiny is the better game between the two, then they can justify the absence of Titanfall from the system as inconsequential to their decision.

All that said, Destiny's my most anticipated game next gen so far.

blackknight467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for Destiny and Titanfall, but i'm not sure about most excited. I'm sure that one of the other games will surprise me as well.

IIDrltaSNAKEII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iidrltasnakeii: I know you said that, but I haven't seen them explicitly say anything about unique guns beyond skill trees. Like, is it THE Thunderlord or one of many Thunderlords?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@itwongo: Maybe there can be only one Thunderlord, and the Thunderlords are in constant battle to remain the last and absorb the power of all the others that fell before them.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had no interest in Destiny before E3. Space Boarderlands with way more players is enough to get me hyped.

Also Titanfall looks like Starhawk with less players and less vehicles.

Oh God...you're right! I didn't realize this at first. Starhawk was terrible. I've never played a game and not want to even finish it. But that's a different topic.

Destiny is one the games me and my friend want to play together a lot when it's out.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I think it looks great, but watch dogs is my most anticipated this year so far, even over Batman.